• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on where to mount stereo remote

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got my radio installed today and trying to decide on where I want to put the remote on the helm.20200227_140510.jpg20200227_140516.jpg20200227_140723.jpg

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also what is the best way to reach the back of those places

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Below the sticker looks good to me
Not sure if it will fit as it starts to curve the lower you go. I removed the sticker when I did mine. I did lower it some as I didn't want my hand banging the top. I also placed to small remote push switches to turn the bow speakers on/off (when people sat there they said it was too loud).

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if it will fit as it starts to curve the lower you go. I removed the sticker when I did mine. I did lower it some as I didn't want my hand banging the top. I also placed to small remote push switches to turn the bow speakers on/off (when people sat there they said it was too loud).
Any pics of yours I'm leaning to the bottom because it has more flat area and I can almost reach it from the back with my hand

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where did you put the stereo? My remote is on the swim platform. It’s very convenient there.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Any pics of yours I'm leaning to the bottom because it has more flat area and I can almost reach it from the back with my hand
Sorry, I do not.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I had the same setup in my '98 Exciter. It's a great unit. Make sure you download the app to your phone.

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where did you put the stereo? My remote is on the swim platform. It’s very convenient there.
The head unit is under the passenger side dash in the factory location so had to put a wired remote on the helm so I can control it while driving

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well decided on the bottom spot I have the hole drilled and the wire ran but running out of daylight and the wife wants to go eat. Hopefully will get it installed Saturday. Hopefully I can loose a few pounds by then sliding in from the front seat isnt fun lol 20200227_165545.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same location I used on my 190.

Remove the now setback. Makes getting in there, just slightly less bad.

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same location I used on my 190.

Remove the now setback. Makes getting in there, just slightly less bad.
I did it helps getting light in there lol but I have short arms so have to go in on the bottom to reach. I wish they would have put a door on that side from the factory (yes I do plan on putting one in just haven't done it yet).

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did it helps getting light in there lol but I have short arms so have to go in on the bottom to reach. I wish they would have put a door on that side from the factory (yes I do plan on putting one in just haven't done it yet).
I had just installed that door on mine when I put the remote in. It makes a HUGE difference!

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had just installed that door on mine when I put the remote in. It makes a HUGE difference!
I bet lucky for me I can at least fit under the front seat if I lay back into it and slide in. Its tight but I can get in there good enough to put the bracket on.

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I got in there and got it done. There is silicon on the radio I did that because some of the reviews said the screen gets loose and leaks water in just got to go back and trim the access. I got a few wires and stuff to finish tiring up then I am going to to a write up on the installation. Thanks everyone for their input.20200229_111028.jpg20200229_111037.jpg20200229_111108.jpg20200229_111827.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well I got in there and got it done. There is silicon on the radio I did that because some of the reviews said the screen gets loose and leaks water in just got to go back and trim the access. I got a few wires and stuff to finish tiring up then I am going to to a write up on the installation. Thanks everyone for their input.View attachment 112554View attachment 112555View attachment 112557View attachment 112558
LOL, that's exactly what I did. Easy getting it, hard to get out.

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL, that's exactly what I did. Easy getting it, hard to get out.
That it is true that was like the 5th time I had been in there between deciding where to put it and actually putting it in

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What is all over the screen on the remote in the last pic?

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is all over the screen on the remote in the last pic?
Its silicone some of the reviews on that remote said the screen gets loose and let's water in. Once it cures I will be trimming it back to where you don't notice it.