• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Three (simple?) Ballast Questions (242X)

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK I just did some searching and can't easily find. I am tired so sorry! Hopefully I'll have these answers when I wake up tomorrow :)

1.) Where are the ballast pumps located (particularly the ski locker but I should know all three)?
2.) Where is the valve to shut off flow to/from the ballast bags?
3.) What is Pulse Count? To calibrate, it says be sure pulse count is zero. My starboard bag appears as empty as it could be by touch and visual, and pulse count says 400.

Thanks everyone...I've gotten a lot of critical help here today and look forward to being on the 'giving' side!

I have a 2017 212x. Should be similar to your set up I would think but there may be some differences. Also, I’m going from memory as my boat is currently in winter storage.

1. mine pump is right beside bag in the ski locker. Shut off valve is right beside it.
2. i don’t remember if there is one pump for the rear bags or two. I’m guessing two but I’m really not sure. Did you check your owners manual?
3. pretty there is only one shut off valve for the rear bags
4. when I was trying to figure out how they worked, I just followed the pipes. Helped me figure out the flow between the bags, pumps and shut off valves.

see also a post by @Cambo a few minutes ago. This should help you as well.

1. All theee pumps are in the engine compartment the two rear pumps fill the side ballast . The starboard side has two pumps the one closer to the front fills the ski locker bag
2. The fill empty valve is on the starboard side engine compartment mounted to the floor it’s has a large white hose running to it with a lever
3. Not sure what the pulse count is for

1. All theee pumps are in the engine compartment the two rear pumps fill the side ballast . The starboard side has two pumps the one closer to the front fills the ski locker bag
2. The fill empty valve is on the starboard side engine compartment mounted to the floor it’s has a large white hose running to it with a lever

Couldn't have described this better in an owners manual. Thank you. I just shut that valve for now and will figure things out when it's time to use the ballast system.

My dealer changed the impellers in my pumps and now my system is a little jacked up. I can't remember what the open position is for the valve and all three bags are showing as full, but they are empty. The control will do nothing right now. Can you tell me what position the handle should be in for open? And how do I re-calibrate the system so the bags fill and empty appropriately?

The lever should be pointing up down is closed 95% sure . I can’t remember how to re calibrate the pumps but if they are showing full they will run on timers on a timing sequence built into the system . So it will run with no water in the impeller housing not good for the impellers if your bags are empty. You could get the pump jumper cable fill them then just hit empty. If the timing module is not working I sell a kit to replace it with switches to fill and empty.

The lever should be pointing up down is closed 95% sure . I can’t remember how to re calibrate the pumps but if they are showing full they will run on timers on a timing sequence built into the system . So it will run with no water in the impeller housing not good for the impellers if your bags are empty. You could get the pump jumper cable fill them then just hit empty. If the timing module is not working I sell a kit to replace it with switches to fill and empty.
Do you sell the pump jumper cable?

Yes pm was sent for payment info . I use it every time im out and wnterization is not far off great for that as well

Back