• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle & Cruise Issues on Starboard Engine

txfsh210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello,

Several years ago, I installed the Hydrophase Ridesteady. Everything was great. Last season I started having an intermittent issue where when I pushed both port and starboard throttle levers forward, the starboard would increase to about 5000 rpms and then fall to 3500 rpm and not go any higher. The port engine has never done this. This occurred with the Ridesteady in off mode and usually the first few times I accelerated after staring the boat. The issue usually corrected itself after turning both engines off for a few minutes and restarting. Sometimes I was able to get it to work by bringing the starboard engine up to 6000 rpms by itself and then the port afterward.

This season the problem has gotten worse, occurring almost every time I take the boat out. And not cruise control doesn't work on the starboard engine (still works fine on the port and both engines respond fine to no wake throttle control). I tried fully disconnecting the Ridesteady system, but this had not impact. I also tried switch the cam position sensor and the throttle lever comp between the port and starboard engines, but this also had no impact.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or have any thoughts on what the cause might be?

Thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
I don't know the answer,

I wonder if your engine is going into "limp" mode like it's thinks there's a problem,

any engine lights flashing when it backs down to 3500rpm ?
have you owned the boat since new?
ever had any other engine issues ?