• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle Plastic Cover Plate

greenwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The throttle plastic cover plate that moves with the throttle on my 165 is very noisy and squeeks like crazy.
Tried lubricating it with silicone spray and took off cover plate and loosened it a little with no luck.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try a crayon. Match the color and then 'color' the affected area. Sometimes the wax holds better than the silicone...

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You mean the silver plated? Nothing moves with the throttle that I remember

greenwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is the black plastic material that is inside of the silver plate that moves when you move the throttle

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It is the black plastic material that is inside of the silver plate that moves when you move the throttle
Mine was also noisy, I used the silicone. If you look at the area you can possibly see an area which is touching and leaving a little line, I used finger nail file and filed the plastic tip which was touching and making the squeeking .

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Gotcha. Yep. Its all part of the throttle handle though which is why I got confused. I used WD-40 and then cleaned it off.