• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle/Reverse cables

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is my first boat and I unfortunately live in a state where it has to sit to upward of 6 months a year :(. I was just wondering what is considered acceptable in terms of throttle stiffness. I can manually open and close my reverse buckets with my hand on the back of the boat for each motor, at the throttle is just feels a bit stiff.. is this normal for these boats?

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just replaced my bucket cable on the port engine as the cable took on water over several month the bucket cable became harder and harder to move the cables were rusting in side causing friction to increase. Now if the throttle/bucket lever is stiff and not the cable the throttle stiffness screw might be adjusted to tight. These 2 screws one for each throttle are located at the back base of the throttle housing BOTH of these screws and located behind a plastic cover plate. Vary small screw driver can pry this plate off. Takes a standard blade screw driver to adjust at lease on my 2013.

It a delicate balance to adjust and get it right.....turn the screws to loose........the throttles are vary smooth and advance vary easy..... but if you let go of the throttles she will start loosing speed as the throttles move and loose rpms........to tight and they feel stiff when trying to dock your boat. Go out with the plate off and adjust a few times you soon get it tight enough to hold throttle in rough water and still be smooth for docking.

Opps forgot to add my buckets move by hand fairly easy.

Last edited: