• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector Kickstand hitting bucket

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just installed thrust vectors on my 2022 195 fsh and for some reason when the bucket is closed the thrust vector kickstand gets stuck on the edge of the bucket when lifting them up. Any idea if this could be a problem on the water? I don't want the throttle to get stuck. @JetBoatPilot

Attachments

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Possible over tighten......looks like threads might be out to far.....once plastic is indented I would remove lock nut and bolt and put a small thin washer under the bolt head side reinstall tighten the poly nut down just until it touches the plastic and stops(no tighten beyond this is needed the poly nylon nut will do its job.

Just a thought

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought about that but in the install video he said it's only over tightened if it doesn't flick back. I will try the washer under the nut today to see if that helps thanks

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm no expert but I have JBP thrust vectors and over tighten in the directions seems to be a point they make. I know JBP after the holiday will be all over your post to help......Jet boat pilot and Cobra jet watch this site closely and are known for A1 Service so hang in there.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm no expert but I have JBP thrust vectors and over tighten in the directions seems to be a point they make. I know JBP after the holiday will be all over your post to help......Jet boat pilot and Cobra jet watch this site closely and are known for A1 Service so hang in there.
Yeah the owner just reached out and they are going to take care of me on Monday! Thank you