• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector X Install

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This past weekend I installed JBP's Thrust Vector X system on my 2019 AR240. Low speed maneuvering was improved 1000% (scientific calculation). For the first time in my short time of ownership, I felt confident in docking and loading the boat.

However, I noticed while at speed there was a significant amount of resistance in the steering wheel. I had to use 2 hands with force to maneuver the boat. The amount of muscle required at 30mph+ is a little concerning. To me, it is significantly greater than what others here have stated here in various reviews.

I called JBP this afternoon for assistance. They asked me to send photos over of the install. I figured I would share here as well... maybe you guys will catch something that I didn't.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry to hear about your problem,

you don't feel any of the resistance at slow speeds?

I can't keep up with all the new products, is the "X" version part of the "wake" editions that they've been struggling with wheel resistance?

Thank you for the pictures, good pictures help solve problems much faster,

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Shar,
So now have someone jump into the helm and turn the wheel while you pull the thrusters up. This would mimic high speed turns when the thrusters are up. Do they now make contact with those steering pull bolts when turning?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your problem and hope someone can help.

Following this thread.

Last edited:

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update: I did hear back from JBP. He did not see anything wrong with the install. He suggested that I was maybe hyper-fixated on the steering, since I had just installed the steering enhancements.

So, I busted out an old photography mount I had, picked up a GoPro from BestBuy, and decided to see what was actually going on under the boat...

54B52C29-1EA8-43B7-A7FA-20E9830A7CE3.jpeg

video coming soon!

Last edited:

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GPS/orientation data is a little off, but I think the speedometer is pretty close
  • started off at 5mph making my out of the no wake zone
  • slowly accelerated to 45mph
  • backed off the throttle to 35mph, and did some left to right maneuvering
  • backed off the throttle to come to a stop

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That video is awesome, and very cool to see when the fins go up and down. Thanks for sharing that!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
great video. how brave of you to put the gopro there! Would it float if it fell off?

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great video. how brave of you to put the gopro there! Would it float if it fell off?
Absolutely would have sank lol. I dont know if it was brave or stupid, but I was determined to see what was actually going on back/under there!

I've used this mount on vehicles going in excess of 100mph, so I knew it would hold speed wise. The question was whether or not the water would cause the suction cup to slide right off the back of the boat...hence the slow acceleration.