• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

thrust vectors question

I do not need your money or want your money I do things for the jet boat community and have been doing it for a long time I immediately add jerks to my blocked list as I am too old a cat to play with the kittens. You have nothing to offer and I don't have the time to waste on you. consider yourself blocked.

Thank you for proving my point.

I am going to make the switch as well. I cant bad mouth the tv system. It does its job as intended but after the cobras on my last boat i do think the cobras are better. Not only performance wise but construction as well. Its just more solid. Gonna send you a pm as well jeff.
I may be making the switch, but not until next season. ($$) Hell, I may be blocked by now. Anyway, wanted to say that I noticed yesterday (at wake/idle speed) that the TV's react almost immediately, which I found very useful. JBP posted a video a few days ago (now missing), showing an updated installation with wider white nylon nozzle spacers and additional washers between the nozzle and spring. I had mentioned the excessive gap to JBP before. Hopefully my input was considered along with others. So it looks like this change will make the TV's more sturdy. I requested the updated kit, but if JBP doesn't send it to me, I'll modify it myself. I was out on some pretty rough water yesterday. There are NO steering mods that are going to help. It's not the steering, it's the hull design.

Mine is close to yours. I have the Thrust Vector on my 2011 242. I had to adjust the tension to make sure the fins could move freely up and down. I recommend to take you boat out with just two people and tank of gas. Try it out with no major load. If you still get major spray then check the tension. Have you lost any top-end speed?
hi, thanks for the reply, my dealer adjusted the springs, still the same.
i did a test drive with 2 people, it was better. but not 100%.
yes, i have lost a lot of top end speed,

This is exactly why I bought a set of Thrust Vectors for my boat. Your posts are very unprofessional and turned me off to considering your products.

This guy is trying to troubleshoot an issue and you come here belittling people for buying a competing product while bragging about yours.

You might think you’re gods gift to steering but you’re never getting my money.
I agree 100%ly. No solutions to the problem at hand in the post. When seeing these types of sales tactics, the questions I ask myself is; what will support be like when I have an issue with the product? Regardless of technical specs or cost: Do I really want to do business with someone like this? Just life lessons that I've learned over the years.

I just bought an FSH 195S. I'm not making any mods until next season. I'm taking the time to get to know the boat. BYA - I will not be adding anything from Cobra.

Tom

Back