• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors xls on 18 ar240 questions

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got too good of a deal I had to try and make this work. First off the physics of these. Do they raise from the cross member support bracket getting it with water or just the lack of weight of the fins? On the left side is the cross member suppose to rest on the bottom jet nossel? Asking bc my left side is resting on the jet pump. My right side since I cut around the the keel bracket I lowered the support bracket and wondering if it will cause premature raising. I’ll be surfing behind it on Thursday so I can actually see what it’s doing. Curious what y’all thoughts are. Thanks.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my answers but haven’t water tested yet. Too windy to go out today. 2709B05C-4A5F-41A9-9788-27949A36D4C2.jpeg

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just tried out our thrust vectors. Wow what a difference. My wife asked why Yamaha doesn’t put these on their boats stock. Even after moving the cross member down we had zero spray in the boat.

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found your post in a search.

Curious which version of thrust vectors you went with. I have a 2020 ar240 and thinking of putting these on before the Spring.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I originally modified the xl’s to fit my boat but jet boat pilot gave me a great deal to upgrade so I went with the thrust vector x that was made for my boat. It came with double springs so they stay down longer.

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I originally modified the xl’s to fit my boat but jet boat pilot gave me a great deal to upgrade so I went with the thrust vector x that was made for my boat. It came with double springs so they stay down longer.
Thanks, looks like they are sold out on the X version and now they are doing a pre-sale for a newer version that is slightly different.

Did you install them yourself?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, looks like they are sold out on the X version and now they are doing a pre-sale for a newer version that is slightly different.

Did you install them yourself?
Yes. I just watched the YouTube video and it gives you step by step instructions. Very easy.