• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody have experience with the JetBoat Pilot thrust vectors? I’m wondering if they improve the wake enough to bother.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sorry, couldn't help myself :D :D

There are tons of posts here about the Thrust Vectors, the Thrust Vector Wake setup, and the Lateral Thrusters. All 3 are different products with different intentions, despite having very similar names. @JetBoatPilot can help explain. He frequents the boards, and I'm sure will have some info.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Anybody have experience with the JetBoat Pilot thrust vectors? I’m wondering if they improve the wake enough to bother.
Thrust Vectors have nothing to do with the wake but is all about better steering control at low speeds. They work great. Several write ups here. Serch is your friend...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's a fair question, but I do wonder after reading all the posts in the multiple Yamaha boat pages on Facebook, How can folks miss all this attention that these third party companies are getting for providing an amazing solution for Yamaha's known poor steering?

It's like missing an oil thread. If this thread is followed up by what Oil should I use, or how often should I change my spark plugs, then we know someone with a rock for an address is just trying to get their post count up. (smile)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I put the Thrust Vectors on my 2007 Yamaha and it made a huge difference of steering at low speed. Was worth the investment.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put CJS Vipers on my AR190 and they are great.

neesmo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The Jet Boat Pilot Thrust Vectors XV coupled with Reverse Thrusters are great enhancements. However, servicing or removal can be a nightmare due to incorrect use of SS button head screws (5mm allen wrench). Due to galvanic corrosion over time, the button head screw threads has potential to seize up with mating aluminum casting material. The button head does not have adequate meat for strength in the application. The head easily gets rounded or stripped using 5mm allen wrench. It can make you cry in the removal process of the thrust vectors, lateral thrusters, gates and nozzles. There are six (6) button heads (dual engines) with varying lengths, I was able to remove three (3) gingerly and easily. Also able to remove one (1) stripped head by making a slot via Dremel Tool and using an impact gun. I still have two (2) screws to remove in the same manner. Extraction may need drilling, what a nightmare. Later on I will be replacing the button heads with hex heads for better strength. My thrusters are only 3 years young. Accordingly, I suggest replacement of the button heads with hex or socket head bolts while you can to preclude future nightmare.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The Jet Boat Pilot Thrust Vectors XV coupled with Reverse Thrusters are great enhancements. However, servicing or removal can be a nightmare due to incorrect use of SS button head screws (5mm allen wrench). Due to galvanic corrosion over time, the button head screw threads has potential to seize up with mating aluminum casting material. The button head does not have adequate meat for strength in the application. The head easily gets rounded or stripped using 5mm allen wrench. It can make you cry in the removal process of the thrust vectors, lateral thrusters, gates and nozzles. There are six (6) button heads (dual engines) with varying lengths, I was able to remove three (3) gingerly and easily. Also able to remove one (1) stripped head by making a slot via Dremel Tool and using an impact gun. I still have two (2) screws to remove in the same manner. Extraction may need drilling, what a nightmare. Later on I will be replacing the button heads with hex heads for better strength. My thrusters are only 3 years young. Accordingly, I suggest replacement of the button heads with hex or socket head bolts while you can to preclude future nightmare.
Also might try adding anti-seize on the threads. My $.02

neesmo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Oh yep, a must. Anti-seize applied this time.

KoSto4Kaven

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Чет вспомнилось) Сорри если не в тему..
Объявление: Ищу подопытного кролика. Опытный кролик.))
МакиТокиХань