• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vectors

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2019 SX190. For those of you that have installed thrust vectors, has it made a noticeable difference?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Look underneath your pump, you should have Yamaha's version of the thrust vector. No need for aftermarket.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know it has the articulating keel, but I'm curious to hear from those that have also installed thrust vectors whether it has made a difference in low speed handling.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it has the articulating keel, but I'm curious to hear from those that have also installed thrust vectors whether it has made a difference in low speed handling.
Look underneath your pump, you should have Yamaha's version of the thrust vector. No need for aftermarket.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes, you have the AK and Yamaha's version of the TV installed. With that setup from the factory I don't think TV would even install on your pump. TV are only for reverse handling. If you want improved forward handling, try the Cobras.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To clarify, I'm not asking about the lateral thrusters. I'm asking about the Thrust Vector X low speed steering enhancer.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
To clarify, I'm not asking about the lateral thrusters. I'm asking about the Thrust Vector X low speed steering enhancer.
Makes more sense now! Yes - those will bolt on and people seem to really like those or the Cobra fins. I went Cobra because they seem to be a bit more heavy duty. Thrust vectors look nicer, IMHO. Do a search here, there's probably 1000 threads on this debate. Also, both manufactures are very active on this board.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From what I've read, doesn't really seem you can go wrong with either one. I decided to go with the Thrust Vector X and just ordered it. Thanks for the quick feedback anmut.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
From what I've read, doesn't really seem you can go wrong with either one. I decided to go with the Thrust Vector X and just ordered it. Thanks for the quick feedback anmut.
Anytime! I do envy your color choices - in the off season I think I'll have mine powder coated.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One thing to check on the Thrust Vectors. Do they block your lateral reverse thrust? Last years Cobra's did block the lateral thrust more than I wanted and he came out with an improved fin which is curved to allow more lateral thrust in reverse. It has been a very good improvement in reverse steering while maintaining the forward slow speed advantage of the fins.