• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tight Squeeze

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The Yamaha brochure says even with the trailer tongue folded the overall length is over 20ft which would have really been a bitch since my garage is only 19ft 8". Well these pics speak for themselves. IMG_20180717_074913.jpg IMG_20180717_074948.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeap, you can find several threads around here with dimensions that contradict the Yamaha website. They must've had the marketing guys reading the tape measures that day :D :D

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice ... I had about 18 inches to spare. Also, plenty of space with the bimini in the down position. Now the width was a tight squeeze ... about 2 inches on each trailer wheel.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It's a close fit

5254427D-1324-4719-AF0E-724FBD1144BC.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Other than @Arcadyus first pic (the space bewteen the wall and boat could be increased by moving the boat forward a little) you all look like you have plenty of room to me. First world problems, I love and hate them.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seeing that pic makes me really grateful for my "small" garage. I'm at 21'9" x 19'8" wide and 12'6" ceilings.

Sadly I fill all the voids with "junk" when the boat is stored. Yes I move all this crap each time I want to take the boat out. Yes I'm working on better storage for most of it.
boat with junk.jpg
boat with junk2.jpg

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Seeing that pic makes me really grateful for my "small" garage. I'm at 21'9" x 19'8" wide and 12'6" ceilings.

Sadly I fill all the voids with "junk" when the boat is stored. Yes I move all this crap each time I want to take the boat out. Yes I'm working on better storage for most of it.
I'm in similar circumstances. Costco regularly has sales on SafeRacks ( https://www.costco.com/SafeRacks-Overhead-Garage-Storage-Combo-Kit,-Two-4-ft.-x-8-ft.-Racks,-18-piece-Deluxe-Hook-Accessory-Pack.product.100133736.html ). I bought two a few months ago but haven't put them up yet.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Shit I need that rack to I have the big rack from costco that sits on the floor. It gave me a really bad concussion when I was building that fucking thing lol. U really like how it hangs from the ceiling.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I almost bought those racks on woot.com the other day. Would've saved a few hundred bucks buying two of them.

Oh well, maybe next time.