• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time for some upgrades.

HuevoSplash

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First and foremost, this site has been a great resource and I appreciate all the information I have gained from the threads that I have sifted through over the last few months since I picked up our 2014 AR190.

The boat has been great, even with the stock impeller and no other mods for running around the lake here in Littleton, CO at 5,430 ft above sea level. We have been mainly running around the lake a bit and then dropping anchor and hanging out on the water, but we recently picked up an Airhead Live Wire 3 towable, and it pulls alight, but we are looking for a little improvement.

I know from reading the threads on here that there is not a ton that I can do, but I am about to order the following:
1. Lucky 13 Cone (L13-Yam)
2. Riva Ribbon Delete (RY12040-IMUK)
3. Riva Performance Air Filter (RY13040-OE)
4. Stock Yamaha Impeller (6CW-R1321-01-00)
5. Stock Impeller Housing (66V-51312-01-94)
6. EPNOC Jet Pump Grease (ACC-EPNOC-GS-05)
7. Impeller Removal Tool (looking for the right part number)

From all the reading I have done, the Lucky 13 and Riva Ribbon Delete seem like a no-brainer. What advice do you all have on the Performance Air Filter? Yay or Nay? The stock impeller is a little dinged up on the leading edge and until I get the thing apart, I am not 100% on whether the wear ring is a little off or not, so that is why I am ordering the Impeller Housing. Can someone confirm for me if I just need the Impeller Housing listed above, or if I would also need the other piece of impeller housing? Looks like there are two impeller housing parts. As you can see, I am still trying to confirm which Impeller Removal Tool I need, so if anyone could help me there, that would be great.

I am getting the EPNOC Grease so I can add in new grease when I do the Lucky 13 Cone when installing it. Is there anything else I need to get based on what I am planning to do, or anything I should address while I am in there? It appears the PO did some work to make sure that things were sealed around the intake, but I will check that out closer while I have things apart. I have seen varying opinions on whether I need to add some RTV Gasket Maker between parts of the impeller and pump, any guidance here?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seal the intake tunnel before you drop the coin on the L13. The L13 is great, but the largest benefit I got was sealing the tunnel. Just takes 30-45min, and some marine adhesive/caulk to make it happen. Here's where I did mine.

If you're set on getting a new impeller, check with Impros and get one for your most common elevation. Good chance you're not getting WOT revs high enough as it is, and you stand to get a repitch at 5k feet. if you're going to drop that kind of cash, get the right thing.

I would skip on the air filter and ribbon delete kit. Just pull the ribbon yourself, the delete kit adds a nice spacer in there, but in our boats I doubt you can tell the difference with the spacer versus without. Likewise with the performance air filter. Just keep a good clean stock one in there and you should be in good shape. Keep in mind though a ribbon delete without a spark arresting air filter is technically illegal. I've only ever once seen a backfire through the throttle body on a fuel injected vehicle, and it was during the initial startup of a brand new ECM system on a TTV8 drag car. IMO, the risk is low, but not zero. Modify at your own risk there.

proplessdancer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Call Impros. They are out of CA and the owner is wildly helpful and knowledgeable. He can also hook you up with someone out of GA that will tune your ECU, again helpful and knowledgable. i did this last winter, cost me just over a grand for everything and i would do it again in a heartbeat.

HuevoSplash

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input @2kwik4u and @proplessdancer

One thing that I did fail to mention in my post is that we will be moving back to Arizona in the Spring so my typical running elevation will change. The lake we will frequent most will be at about 4000' and we will likely hit a couple other lakes semi-regularly that are in the 1700'-2000' range. That said, I was thinking about buying the stock impeller and just using it for the rest of this season with the other listed parts, and sending the existing stock impeller out for repair and repitch for 4000'. At the end of the season, I would plan to swap the new stock impeller out for the repaired and repitched impeller so that it is ready to go when we get around to using it in Arizona and I will have the Stock Impeller to use when we want to go to the other lakes at lower elevations.

I will give Impros a call related to the repair and repitch of my existing stock impeller and get a new Stock Impeller ordered. Any advice on the Impeller Removal Tool I will need and the question related to RTV Gasket or no gasket and where?

I will take a closer look, but I think the tunnel is pretty well sealed from what I saw previously, just planned to give it a closer look while I was in there. If the Ribbon Delete Kit is unnecessary, I will go ahead and pass on that, though I will likely run the Riva Performance Air Filter with the Spark Arrestor just to be on the safe side.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you don't already know, make sure you remove the rubber gasket when you pull the ribbon out or else it will get sucked into the engine causing expensive damage.