• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tinnedmarinewire.com Review

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I've had dealing with http://tinnedmarinewire.com. They specialize in... guess what... tinned marine wire and their prices are VERY competitive from what I've seen. I used them for the cabling for my sound system install last year, and just this week to replace my mangled positive/ground wires to my port engine.

Besides buying custom lengths of wire, you can also, for just a bit more, have your cables custom made and ready to go when you open the box. All connectors, etc. are marine grade, and you can pick whatever terminals you need for each end so they're truly custom. For example, you can get 4 AWG cable for $1.79/foot plus $3.09 for each terminal and assembled with adhesive shrink wrap.

The best part about them is their turnaround time... anything ordered before noon will be shipped the same day. I ordered my cables from them at 10:12 am Tueday morning and received shipping confirmation at 11:52 am. They're fairly close to me, in Greenville PA, but I was still surprised to get my cables in the mail the very next day!

(Edited by Bruce to fix link)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This seems like a great resource to me. I know that @txav8r just spent a lot of money making similar cables.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wish I would have known about this before I spent a small fortune buying all the equipment and supplies to make my cables.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, that is excellent pricing for tinned wiring. The only downside is having to estimate your lengths prior to install. Where having the cable not yet cut and made, you can see the exact lengths you need, cut, put the terminal ends on, heat shrink, and go! Takes a little more time, and it is a few bucks more, but it does make it more tidy, and I would use this source if I didn't have the ability or want to take the time to make up the cables. It is certainly WAY cheaper than having them made by West Marine. Thanks for the link! Tinned wiring in any marine environment is the ONLY way to go.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To get around the estimating issue, I just route a length of rope through the path the wire will take. Mark the rope with masking tape, take it out and measure it. As long as you round the corners the way a wire would turn, your measurements will be accurate.

Also, I'm trying to declutter my life, so it's worth it for me to not have remnants of a spool of wire taking up space in my garage.

Last edited:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce , may I suggest this for #13 in the "frequently ordered parts" section of the FAQ thread? I'm putting my list together and had added cables, large gauge crimping tool, etc.... until I saw this thread. With the prices they're talking about, it just ain't worth the bother to DIY IMHO!