• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tips on getting the boat to be tilted back while on maxed out jack.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I see what you're doing there. I haven't seen a dolly off to the side like that instead of on the tongue. Is that an advantage somehow?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Other options to consider:
1. Install another (taller) trailer jack possibly further back on the opposite side of the trailer.
2. Use a bottle jack on blocks to lift the trailer off of the tow ball and store it as is.
3. Use a floor jack to lift the trailer off of the tow ball and either leave the jack in place or replace it with a jack stand.

I was having problems with the Fulton F2 trailer jack (on which the height is adjustable by moving the jack body up or down along the mounting point) I replaced my stock jack with so I installed an inexpensive trailer jack similar to the stock one (but it attached to the trailer with U-bolts) to the opposite /starboard side of the trailer as a hot spare. Moving it back allowed me to get more travel out of it which I sometimes needed because the Fulton F2 wheel would sink into the grass/ground after it got wet (I.e., rained or went through weeks/months of getting watered with the grass). The hot spare trailer jack was the least expensive option from above list ($30ish at pep boys or Home Depot), at least for me at the time. I also liked it best because I didn’t need to carry or use anything else as it was already installed on the trailer.

If I were to replace the Fulton F2 I would probably go with the $300 trailer jack that @swatski uses but would either put JB weld on the mounting bolt threads or have the nuts and bolts welded to make it more difficult to steal. For context a new Fulton f2 costs between $120 and $150 which is a lot compared to the stock unit at $30 but $150 to $300 is not a lot of money over the life of the boat, especially when you consider the time saved by not needing and using other jacks or blocks of wood to get the job done.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cool! That makes sense regarding location of jack. I didn't realize that cold give you more height. . I was able to solve my issue with blocking up the tongue,then the wheel, then cranking her up again. I'll consider your options though. Thanks!