• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tire Pressure

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The system is a TireMinder setup available at Camping World. It was in my coach when I bought it and is aftermarket. The system I have will monitor up to 22 tires. I have 6 on the coach and bought 4 more sensors. I will use those sensors on the boat trailer now and later on the car we will flat tow behind the coach. I have had a few issues with this. The sensors are not as accurate as I would like and I have lost signals before. The manufacturer said due to size and interference by all todays wireless devices, that a booster was needed...so another $35 and two days to find a suitable location to tap 12v from the coach both conveniently and without draining my batteries on the coach when not in use! I found the last 12v light fixture on the line in my closet. I cut the fixtures wiring instead of the coach harness. I added a simple toggle switch marked on/off on the housing of the fixture and wired in the booster. Works great! I am sure I will get a good signal even from the trailer.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Inflate to what the tires are rated for, they are all different depending on the tire. Tires with low air pressure build heat, heat build up in tires make them get hot, hot tires blow out. Most blown tires you see on the highway are from under-inflation.

H2Oload

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have quite a bit of experience working in a commercial fleet. Under inflation creates far more problems than over inflation due to heat. I don't think you will notice any ride difference. Gauges vary by 5psi pretty commonly until you get into digital readout with calibration. That's overkill. I recently replaced my bias ply stock tires with Goodyear radials. Pulls better and the 2200 mike trip without problems or irregular wear.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to change the subject.....yeah, well I guess I am... @txav8r , have you seen the latest trailering system from Land Rover?

Land Rover’s researchers have revealed they are developing transparent trailer technology.

The technology, designed to eliminate the blind spot when towing a large item like a caravan, horse box or trailer, will allow the driver to clearly see vehicles coming up behind them, make maneuverability easier and improve safety when overtaking.

http://www.landrover.com/experiences/news/transparent-trailer.html?utm_source=TW01&utm_medium=TW&utm_campaign=TransparentTrailer

Looks really neat. :cool:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to change the subject.....yeah, well I guess I am... @txav8r , have you seen the latest trailering system from Land Rover?

Land Rover’s researchers have revealed they are developing transparent trailer technology.

The technology, designed to eliminate the blind spot when towing a large item like a caravan, horse box or trailer, will allow the driver to clearly see vehicles coming up behind them, make maneuverability easier and improve safety when overtaking.

http://www.landrover.com/experiences/news/transparent-trailer.html?utm_source=TW01&utm_medium=TW&utm_campaign=TransparentTrailer

Looks really neat. :cool:
That's pretty cool!
I think it was LandRover that had a "see through" hood, for when off reading you could see through the hood.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very cool. Kind of like I have in the bus. But not eliminating your tow. The bus has a 7" monitor that can be set up several ways. I have it set to show full screen behind me, showing my tow vehicle and even behind that if your not towing a box like you described @Glassman I can toggle the camera tilt to look at my hitch or leave it behind me. When I select a turn signal, the camera changes to that side mount camera and shows full screen and full length of the bus area down the side in wide angle. So it really helps be aware of what is around you. I can back that bus up with better visibility and ease than I can the truck and boat. We shall see how easy backing the boat is with the bus! Edit: I did pull the boat out to Arizona and back, so I know it tows easy and I can back it up easy...I just haven't launched with it yet.

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very cool. Kind of like I have in the bus. But not eliminating your tow. The bus has a 7" monitor that can be set up several ways. I have it set to show full screen behind me, showing my tow vehicle and even behind that if your not towing a box like you described @Glassman I can toggle the camera tilt to look at my hitch or leave it behind me. When I select a turn signal, the camera changes to that side mount camera and shows full screen and full length of the bus area down the side in wide angle. So it really helps be aware of what is around you. I can back that bus up with better cisibity and ease than I can the trade and boat. We shall see how easy backing the boat is with te bus!
Sounds like an awesome system you have! I would love to have something like that for my 5th wheel.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sounds like an awesome system you have! I would love to have something like that for my 5th wheel.
Discoveries come with that. I guess most motorhome that size have it. It is a double edged sword however @farrelltravis , it says GPS ready. But I have found I can't add a current model GPS to it, and current GPS offered a "backup" camera, but not with tilt and side cameras that are switched off of the turn signals. So I have to have two dang screens on the dash. Oh well, guess that is why the dash is 8' wide and the windshield about 5' tall. Lots of room for mods??? :winkingthumbsup"

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet you would have room to mount a few ham radios too! Bring that coach by, and I will take care of the rest.558146_317832855014133_1838930090_n.jpg

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
... So I have to have two dang screens on the dash. Oh well...
Seriously, dude, how many screens are on that bird you fly every week? I would think just two screens on the dash of the bus would seem sparse to you. :p

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You got me there Mark @maboat ! I'm a rookie with the bus. But am a quick study, and learning new things every week with it. I feel like we found a good bus and can keep it for thousands of miles and well into retirement. The more I can do myself, the less money I spend on crap and more on mods! Tires on that beast would have cost over $4500 but a little wheeling and dealing I have all new rubber, same as it left the factory with, for $3700. And we are updating the day night shades to what the new coaches come with, MCD duo shades. She's a great bus and I can't wait to get a pic of her with the Yonder in tow!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On the tow vehicle, it really depends on what tires you have. I put 75PSI in mine (it suggests 65-70 in front and 60 rear axle when empty, 70 when loaded full)... more PSI = less flex in the side walls. As long as it doesn't warp the tire to the point that it wears funny, the only downside is the comfort of the ride.

So that brings me to the boat. 50 PSI or higher is what I put in mine. If you go above 65 PSI in the tires on our boats, it will wear funny (at least that's visually what I suspected when I put 65 PSI in the tires). I don't really care how the boat rides while I drive. It's built to handle a rough ride, I tighten all the bolts and such after I get where I'm going anyway, and if you under inflate your tires, the side walls will flex, heating up the air inside, increasing the PSI within the tire, and when the air temp starts to rise inside the tire from all the flex the PSI sky rockets and then BOOM. So... 50 PSI or greater is what I do.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool. Kind of like I have in the bus. But not eliminating your tow. The bus has a 7" monitor that can be set up several ways. I have it set to show full screen behind me, showing my tow vehicle and even behind that if your not towing a box like you described @Glassman I can toggle the camera tilt to look at my hitch or leave it behind me. When I select a turn signal, the camera changes to that side mount camera and shows full screen and full length of the bus area down the side in wide angle. So it really helps be aware of what is around you. I can back that bus up with better cisibity and ease than I can the trade and boat. We shall see how easy backing the boat is with te bus!
Mel, you need to do a virtual tour of your rig and post it up! Sounds like something out of one of my dreams!!:winkingthumbsup"

We are in the early stages of courting a new RV. You know, like back in jr high when you had an eye on a girl but were too shy to approach her? Yeah, been eyeballin' a few different set-ups trying to decide what will fill the bill for this stage of livin' the life.
:cool:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mel, you need to do a virtual tour of your rig and post it up! Sounds like something out of one of my dreams!!:winkingthumbsup"

We are in the early stages of courting a new RV. You know, like back in jr high when you had an eye on a girl but were too shy to approach her? Yeah, been eyeballin' a few different set-ups trying to decide what will fill the bill for this stage of livin' the life.
:cool:
There is always a 5th wheel! https://jetboaters.net/threads/5th-wheel-rv-camper-trailer-for-sale.6795/

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's a good idea @Glassman . I will take a few videos and post em up!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100% agree with others here to never under-inflate. They are designed to handle the increased pressures generated by high surface temps and/or ambient temps.