• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

To buy a 2016 212X or not?

Chris Oneslager

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
All,

I am new to this forum so I hope I am in the correct place. I am selling my Seadoo Challenger and was going to a 2016 212X. If reading the Yamaha site, I was excited about the new keel, the quite engine upgrades, and the awesome connect computer.....then I found out none of those made it to the 2016 212X. I also found a post that seemed to indicate that this year is the final year for this version of the 212X and the 2017 might have some of these features?

Anyone know or heard anything on the 2017's? They announced the 2016 in August of 2015. Anyone know when the 2017's will be announced and when they normally hit the showroom? Really considering waiting for the 2017.

Thanks

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think everyone kinda assumes the 2017 21' lineup will be refreshed, myself included. I'd wait. Or buy a 24' now ;)

Chris Oneslager

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I think everyone kinda assumes the 2017 21' lineup will be refreshed, myself included. I'd wait. Or buy a 24' now ;)
Would love the 24, it has everything I want but just about 3 foot too long for my garage. My hope is things like the engine noise reduction, new computer, new keel, forward swept tower will be on the 17. If so, no brainer to wait. Got my boat sold in a few weeks and just hate the idea of giving up the rest of the summer waiting.

I currently have a Seadoo challenger 18 255HP version. Any idea on the noise comparison between it and say your 2011 242(before the new quiet technology for this years 242?)

BTW Go Pens. Send me a Primanti.

Chris Oneslager

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
August announcement followed by availability shortly thereafter. 2016 dealer leftovers, if there are any, will be discounted (just as an FYI). Personally, I like to know whats new before I make a decision. I even called the manufacturing plant of the new boat I'm considering just to ask what was changing in 17' before I decided to move forward with a used 14'.
Did the manufacturer actually tell you what is coming...Thought they would keep that quiet to not squash sales.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Chris Oneslager, I had a 180, then the 242, and now the 430hp 210 Challenger. The doo's are definitely quieter. Well worth the wait if they do update.

I wish I could get some Primanti's right now!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new Yamahas with the sound deadening are the quietest jet boat right now. You can research the noise measurements taken by boattest and see. I've given rides in my boat to both older Yamaha owners and a new chap owner and both were amazed how much quieter it was. If they add this to the new 21 foot boats it would be great and worth the wait.

Chris Oneslager

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The new Yamahas with the sound deadening are the quietest jet boat right now. You can research the noise measurements taken by boattest and see. I've given rides in my boat to both older Yamaha owners and a new chap owner and both were amazed how much quieter it was. If they add this to the new 21 foot boats it would be great and worth the wait.
Good to know, now I need to find out what is coming. I heard that Yamaha in general was quieter and faster than both comparable Chaps and Scarabs. Thx

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely not faster, but quieter and many other nice attributes. You certainly won't be disappointed if they update it. Hell, even if they don't.

Julianne Martin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg We just bought a 2016 212x..... We looked and looked and we had a hard time finding the one we wanted. We found one in Texas. We love it! We are so happy with it. image.jpeg

Julianne Martin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One more pic...from July 4th firework show on the lake.. We bought the LED lights off eBay for $15. It was a great night and we are definitely getting more LED lights for the exterior soon. image.jpeg

Chris Oneslager

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How is the engine noise? Heard Yamaha was pretty good, but the new 24ft was vey quite.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I heard news on this will start trickling out around the 20th of August. I really enjoy my boat, just got off the water and it really fits my needs. Still Im interested to see what the 17s come out like.