• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

To hot to boat?!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! Never thought I would say it but it's hard to get motivated to mobilize and head out on the water! It's freakin Africa Hot here in the big D! No end in sight!!

Agreed @BigN8! It's 99* here, and the 88* water doesn't help at all!

Today you will find me indoors. Maybe tomorrow morning when it does not feel like it is 110...

It was 43C where we were boating a few weeks ago. Thats 108F. It was nice. Cam.

108F is even hot in the south... It's just crazy in Canada! Just go fast! Haha

See what you guys get for bragging about year round boating!:) Its nice in Wis.

See what you guys get for bragging about year round boating!:) Its nice in Wis.

Don't worry, we don't year round boat in Texas either. Ice storms and freezing winds ensure that. You are thinking of the FL guys!

I made it out both sat and sun but I felt like I needed an IV by the time we hit the water! Usually once we hit the cove and tie up with friends I immediately crack a miller lite. Now it's grab 2 bottles of water crush one then get in the water and sip the second. Then crack the miller!!

My air conditioner at home seems to never stop running these days!!! Bring on Fall!!!

I hope the envious rating isn't negative. I got to experience 87 degree water at Shelbyville and found it very nice! Came back home and water was 79....:cool:

It looks like it's neutral, I'll take it away if you want.

I just opted for home this weekend. The pool water was 83-85 and the pool was mostly in the shade. Good days to do all of that work in the pool I have been putting off.

I'll boat next week, when I can hang something from the tower other than the IV bags.

We hit Broken Bow, Oklahoma this weekend and the water was cooler then it was 2 weeks ago when we were there last. We knew going into the weekend that it was gonna be hot and we planned to stay hydrated with more water and Gatorade and less beer. We'd make sure to have a water or juice prior to going out in the morning and if we did have a beer to chase it with a water or Gatorade. Anytime prior to launch or post retrieval I was a dripping and sweaty mess. Over the weekend we all felt great and had a great time dispite the heat.

Hot? This weekend is projected to be 115 at the river. But that's always wrong....they lie to make it seem tolerable, it will probably be 119-120.
I talked to a guy out there on Monday of last week at 10 am, it was 114 and rising. It did rain a little since then. Which is nice...It's fun to watch it rain out there...the water evaporates as it hits the ground :eek:

The last trip out I noticed a small chip in the windshield as I was cleaning the window before leaving to drive out there. When we arrived I picked up the boat and headed to the hotel, parked the truck/ boat to unload the bags, came back out and that little chip was a 12" crack - that's hot.

Well this trip will be much better...new glass, new tires, new some other stuff I'm having done to the suspension, but it will still be hot. But that's OK. ;)

Back