• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tools to tighten the tower?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone know what size Allan wrench and what size ratchet is required to tighten the tower on an AR240? I got replacement gaskets, packing, to install but I don't have anything near the required size.

Any ideas?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I tightened them once, but I don't remember which of the wrenches I used. I have a set. I will look when next at the boat.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know what size Allan wrench and what size ratchet is required to tighten the tower on an AR240? I got replacement gaskets, packing, to install but I don't have anything near the required size.

Any ideas?
No help here. Boat is 1 hour away, however,would be interested in pictures. I see this project coming my way in the future.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy yea mine are pretty destroyed. I plan on just loosening one leg at a time and replacing the packing. I think with just some light tension that should work fine with the other three points still attached. My boat lives two hours away now so I don't want to,show,up,with the wrong tools once I decided to execute.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@tdonoughue that would be a tremendous help. Any lessons learned from tightening them? I assume you did not completely remove like I will be doing.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did not remove completely. I only loosened, shifted and tightened.

I went to the boat and took the tools I thought I used. Found out I did not use those because none of them fit. So I have failed you. So I have no idea how I did it. In my defense it was 1.5 years ago. ..

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The allen wrench for the tower should be in bag with the owners manuals etc that usually ends up in the pocket on the back of the head door.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will have to check, don't remember seeing it there...

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I don't have the size, however, where did you order the gaskets from? I need to do the same.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boats.net was the cheapest I found with shipping. I go on yamahasportsplaza to,find the part number then search and compare prices with boats.net.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Boats.net was the cheapest I found with shipping. I go on yamahasportsplaza to,find the part number then search and compare prices with boats.net.
Cool, thanks.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I think I found the answer and I'll be able to confirm this tomorrow. The Hex key is 1/2" and the socket is 15/16th. My tower is a Diamondback. I'm assuming you have the same manufacturer?

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting @davel501 no hex key came with my mine. I'll have to ask my dealer tomorrow.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting @davel501 no hex key came with my mine. I'll have to ask my dealer tomorrow.
My dealer pointed mine out at the delivery meeting and made sure I saw him put it in the bag with the manuals that then went into the slot on the back of the head compartment door.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer pointed mine out at the delivery meeting and made sure I saw him put it in the bag with the manuals that then went into the slot on the back of the head compartment door.
Ahh! Now I'll be sure to grill e'm. Thanks much!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did not get a key in my bag (bury the boat is used) and I would love to hear verification on the size. I believe we have the same tower, except yours is collapsible @Rigger

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats exactly what I'm doing tomorrow morning :D

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan I agree, but these Allan wrenches and sockets are HUGE and would certainly be a rare use....

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I did not get the key with my boat either. Bought some at the local parts store. Don't remember the size. If you still need the size let me know and I will check tonight.