• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Top speed with 5 passengers?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I can get up to 40-42mph with 7 people on board.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not bad. I am not sure, only had that amount out a few time but I say 43 😎

Jason Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Ok, so maybe I am not doing so bad. Just took my new boat (2022 255XE) out at Flaming Gorge (6000 ft elevation) last night. Spent over an hour doing the break in, then tried to get the stated 54mph they claim it can do. Well, I only got to 43. Fairly smooth water, and three adults in my bow. Needless to say, I will be moving them to the back next time we go out to test the difference! My RPM's never hit the max either, and weren't balanced. These new models still have different pitched impellers for port/starboard?

Doesn't sound like there is much I can do, other than boat at lower elevation lakes.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You may never hit Max RPM's, most people don't. 7500 -7700. At 6000' I would say you are doing pretty good. Get them out of the bow and in the back and you will definately pick some up.

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We were on vacation last week down at Lake Powell with our AR195, and I noticed that at WOT I was topping out at about 30 mph (far shy of what I've observed in the past - normally I'd top out at 48-49 mph at WOT). Everything with the boat and motor seems to be operating normally, no issues with hesitation or funny noises or crap wrapped up in the impeller or shaft or anything like that, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the engine or impeller. I would say that we did have a couple more passengers on board this time around, bringing the total weight of passengers and crew close to 1100 pounds (normally we run with 3 passengers with a weight of just over 500 lbs). Also, I did recently install a Thrust Vector - could that be having an effect as well?

Just for grins, I may uninstall the Thrust Vector and see if my top speed returns to normal after that, but just curious if anyone else here may have some ideas about why the loss in top end speed.
Not to change the topic of your post but I'm curious if you noticed any difference in how your steering was affected after you installed the Thrust Vectors?