• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tornadoes in Texas

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bad night tonight here in Dallas. Four confirmed dead so far, but asking for prayers for folks in Dallas
image.jpg image.jpg

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sirens going off everywhere last night. Scary stuff, but McKinney, TX came out ok. Wish I could say the same for the Rowlett/Garland area. Thoughts and prayers with those people. The news coverage last night looked horrible. It wiped out complete neighborhoods and threw cars off I-30. 7 people confirmed dead, but expecting more. The problem now is all the rescue and recovery people are getting rained on pretty hard. What a mess!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I guess the toll was 11 dead last I heard. We were in Plano with family for our belated Christmas dinner with them. We were at 75 and Parker Rd. and the tornado warnings were almost continuous and a new one happened it seemed from someones cell phone every 15 minutes. Our kids have a new to them, home in Rowlett. Jim was so worried about the dogs, he had to go check during our get together. I was very worried for him to drive over there, but the cells were moving north at about 40mph, so we figured by the time he got there, the tornado would be gone. He found the house ok but tree debris along and into his neighborhood, lots of emergency vehicles, and no power in areas. It was a rough night. Too much water too in all the lakes again.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My thoughts and prayers got out to all that were affected. The F3 that was south of us in Ellis county went east and missed us. A friend of mine that I work with lived in a travel trailer in the RV park in Sunnyvale that was hit by the F4 twister. His trailer was moved 30 feet and rolled three times. Thankfully he was not in it, but he's homeless right now staying with his grown son. A few of our other friends had fences blown over, but nothing major. All we got was a ton of rain and a drastic drop in temperature.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you guys are ok. That was a crazy night of storms. We had a few in Arkansas the night after but fortunately they were mostly in farming areas.