• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Toss rope surfing: 2021 252xe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Hi fellow jet boaters, new member here.

Sold my 2013 Yamaha AR192 last fall and now have a 2021 252xe. Wakeboarding is great behind this boat with stock ballast, but I haven't been able to get a good enough surf wave to work event when using the wake booster from Yamaha. Best wave I got was on a deep lake with 100% surf side, 40% ski locker and 15% non-surf side plus 700 lbs of bags surf side and three 180+ dudes surf side. Any tips on these new 25' boats for getting a great surf wave? Looks like Thrust Vector isn't doing a wake version for 2021 25' boats. Any help would be appreciated! Have a great summer on the water!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hi fellow jet boaters, new member here.

Sold my 2013 Yamaha AR192 last fall and now have a 2021 252xe. Wakeboarding is great behind this boat with stock ballast, but I haven't been able to get a good enough surf wave to work event when using the wake booster from Yamaha. Best wave I got was on a deep lake with 100% surf side, 40% ski locker and 15% non-surf side plus 700 lbs of bags surf side and three 180+ dudes surf side. Any tips on these new 25' boats for getting a great surf wave? Looks like Thrust Vector isn't doing a wake version for 2021 25' boats. Any help would be appreciated! Have a great summer on the water!
most that are working well is 100 100 and varying the non surfside ballast depending who is on the boat. Need a lil weight up front to not have to be so steep. 700lbs make sure it on the back surfside corner and just above on the seat. What was your speed? 9.5 to 11.5 is the range and you need to pin point what makes the best. I went ropeless in only 7ft of water, with the above mentioned. I think i was 100 100 and 35.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies and advice! Took it out on Sunday and made some progress. One of my challenges is that I'm 215. Any thoughts on the type of board for a bigger rider?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bigger the better when it comes to boards for big guys. On these boats, the more weight the better. Speed is huge too.

Sven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I have the exact same boat: 252xe. Have been struggling to get a large enough wave for surfing. From what I was told, the center ballast will give you a taller wave when full and a longer wave when empty. I’ve tried different combinations but haven’t really gotten anything that’s adequate for ropeless surfing. Best results have been 100 60 30. Boat is leaning pretty well but wave is small.

Should I add an external ballast? If so, what is the best rig for this?

Thanks!

Sven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Should have mentioned that I‘m also using the Yammie wake booster.

Also struggling to get the boat to reach the speed that I dial in. I set it for 10.5 but the boat seems to stay at 9 mph.