• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Total peace of mind

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just a thought i'm sure many of you have had while out on your boat but.....how nice is it when you have the kids and their friends on the boat and know there is no prop behind our boats. We were out for a few hours on saturday and i was so happy we traded our i/o boat to a jet. yes...it will never create the wake the mastercraft x-star i rode behind a few weeks ago (scary big) but the total peace of mind is priceless.

p.s. i saw another 212X at Hagg Lake in Oregon when loading...anyone here??

our boats aren't perfect but they have lots of positives!

Yep. Better safe than sorry.

Had 5 little ones doing cannonball's off the swim deck today and was also happy there is no prop.

i agree @SCSTWG and what a great place to jump from!

I agree, but inboard ski boats don't have much threat to kids jumping off the back as the prop is under the boat, not behind it. I do miss that smooth table and perfect wake.
Its the stern-drives I'll never go back to. I really dislike rafting up with stern-drives and that big ugly thing hanging out the back! :vomit:

I agree with maboat, The inboards are safe due to the prop being under the boat, I just beach a lot and the skegs and prop would surely be damaged. I think we have the perfect all around boat for my families needs.

i agree @jcyamaharider once you get over the safety feature if no prop the ease of maintenance kicks in! we have snags late in the season where i boat that can take out an outdrive in a second.

Back