• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Total Weight of Boat w/trailer?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone know the total weight of the 2018 242 Limited boat and trailer?

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe the 2018 weight is similar to my 2016. With full fuel, water and gear ours runs about 5700 lbs. I try to make long runs with fairly empty fuel tanks as it makes a noticeable difference dropping a few hundred pounds

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
weighted my SX 240 yesterday. Completely empty boat with no Bimini, no batteries, nothing inside. ready for winterization with full tank of gas.
5020 lbs.

Attachments

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
weighted my SX 240 yesterday. Completely empty boat with no Bimini, no batteries, nothing inside. ready for winterization with full tank of gas.
5020 lbs.

Thanks! That means the vehicle I was using isnt large enough for the tow job. Time to buy a truck.

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! That means the vehicle I was using isnt large enough for the tow job. Time to buy a truck.
exactly why I decided to weight mine! I figure my summer load is at least 5500lbs with everything on it. Rules out most of SUVs out there.