• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tour de France

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now slow down just a minute, let me say "I love America!" and please notice the exclamation point in that statement,

I've been following it since Greg Lemond on a black and white TV (but no other bicycling races),

If you like NASCAR and saying "hold my beer" then you have to appreciate this wreck, years ago a rider died during a downhill but it's pretty rare, but crashes are common, real time it was unbelievable and made me pucker and my heart sink, skip to the :21 mark to see it,

he ended up with a broken collar bone and pelvis but it looked so much worse,
the guy he took out, immediately got up and finished the 20 some more miles to only be 1 minute behind the leaders,

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't see this video but the tv car hitting a rider a few years ago comes to mind as a rather bad looking one too. I cycle a lot and have only been in one accident. Helmet cracked in half and saved me from more severe injury or worse. Wear your helmets and if you race, ride a lot on narrow roads, or in taffic then shave your arms and legs. Its not for aerodynamics it cuts down road rash significantly if you hit the pavement.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I use to race now just ride. That stage was terrible. They should have never road on that course.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Kittle is unbeatable. I would like to see Sagan and Cavendish in there.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Froome cracked. Dam

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ugggggh !!!! I have it taped and still watching yesterday's stage

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sorry if I was a spoiler

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My biggest problem getting excited about the tour is the doping. I think Greg Lemond was probably the last guy to win the tour clean. Even when I raced we ran into the dopers. Lance etc.