• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow Boat U.S. bill

After reading all this, I think if my boat fills up with water I'm just going to throw a rock in it.
I'm sure you're joking, but if not, be aware the state will bill you for the recovery.

I'm sure your joking but if not be aware the state will bill you for the recovery.

So true!!! God forbid there is some form of environmental damage. There have been cases of boaters getting bills between $28,000 to over $60,000 for impact studies and restoration of the sea floor in the Florida Keys.

unfortunately, the tow boat driver had me sign some paperwork while the coast guard was interrogating me, so I am sure I signed something that says they could bill be whatever. But rest assured I will fight it..
What actually happened to your boat or what caused it to take on water. I certainly think you should fight the charges but I have done the same in the past and signed without really reading and had it come back to bight me with a health insurance policy so I hope you get it taken care of

@jwells See the Bimini thread. Two boats got swamped on the way over; at least one was a total loss.

I saw a TOW US boat on the water this weekend. Just floating around looking to help or salvage someone!

Go talk to your neighbor about this maritime law and how they get a woody pulling up to a 5 million yacht in peril. Soon as they tie a line on it they just made a percentage of the value to save it.
Next time I see him Ill see whats up with that scam

So, I got a bill from Tow Boat US for $3600 after my unfortunate flooding outside of Port Everglades..

$900 for the tow and $2700 for "salvage"

I am a member of Boat U.S. with unlimited towing coverage.. so I asked what the Salvage part was and was told it was because the pumped the water out of my boat during the tow.. This seems like total BS to me because I was told everything the boat US guy was doing would be covered.. I also dont know why I was billed for the towing..
My 242 Limited S took on water in the engine compartment 3 weeks ago. I was partially on shore so there was no chance of it sinking or was anyone in any danger. I am a paid member of SEA TOW. I called them, to make a long story short they pumped out the engine compartment then towed me approx 1 mile to the dock. The bill was $4,800.00 and my insurance adjuster told me he's seen way bigger bills than that from Sea Tow. I called Boat US a few day's later without telling them my story and asked them if I was a member and my engine compartment started filling with water while beached what would they do? They said they carry extra pumps and would rent me one for the hour it took to pump the compartment then after it was free of water I could call them back and they would tow me in under my Boat US insurance. This was in the ft Myers area. My recommendation is STAY AWAY FROM SEA TOW.

Back