• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow Vehicles

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We averaged just under 15 MPG (14.6-14.8 ish) towing on this trip. Tow vehicle is Sierra Denali 6.2 with the V8 that switches back to V4 when cruising. Surprising a couple of times during the pill it throttled back to V4 and was getting great gas mileage but any hill pops up and goes right back to V8 mode.

It's a powerful beast of a truck with tons of horsepower, very luxury feel inside, good looking exterior. We've really enjoyed it.

The V4 to V8 thing works well especially when not towing. I average 17-19 MPG in town which is great for a truck then 25-35 MPG on highway with cruise on 63-66 mph. V8 with all that power is always ready to go with a touch of the gas it switches right in :)
Thanks now I feel like an idiot. I did not realize the bimini would tow outside the premium mooring cover. Gonna do this from now on it will save the scratches and I can remove my seadek protection.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170810_132325.jpg

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our trip to Bimini this year with family of 6 in my 05 F350 6.0l diesel we averaged 13.5 mpg. And for all those Ford 6.0l haters Mine ran like a top crossing 151000 miles on the workhorse.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2017 Yukon Denali w/ 6.2L. I got 15-17 the only time I towed it about 200 miles round trip.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
'17 Pathfinder. Pulls our '17 212X just fine. CVT hasn't been a concern and this is the 3rd Pathy we've owned. I typically get around 12-14 MPGs depending on terrain.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You outa see my odyssey.
You have to be right at max tow capacity. We had an odyssey. It kept burning up converters every 15k miles and the transmission started acting like a rubber band because it couldn't decide what gear to go into. Lol. We didn't tow with it.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2005 Yukon XL Denali 6.0 AWD
15.2 mpg mixed highway use; 11.8 mpg towing
I'm about to purchase a 2008 Yukon Denali XL and will use it to tow. Replacing a 2007 Sequoia. How do you like your Denali Xl? Do you have any pictures while in tow?

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
17 F-250 diesel, gets about 13mpg @70mph
14 Expedition when we need more seats for kids friends, gets about 11 @70

Could be +/-. I don't really watch mpg too closely.

Last edited:

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm about to purchase a 2008 Yukon Denali XL and will use it to tow. Replacing a 2007 Sequoia. How do you like your Denali Xl? Do you have any pictures while in tow?
I like my XL Denali. It's great for our family of 5... the length is something to get used to at first though. Also, pay close attention to the AWD front differential as they need rebuilding about every 100K miles. The front carrier bearings are prone to getting a piece of metal off of a retaining clip tab in them, shortening their life span. I had mine rebuilt at 107K. No problems since, and now at 155K. I'll try to find a pic like you requested.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You have to be right at max tow capacity. We had an odyssey. It kept burning up converters every 15k miles and the transmission started acting like a rubber band because it couldn't decide what gear to go into. Lol. We didn't tow with it.
Odyssey transmissions aren't known for durability when towing. I added a tranny cooler and change 4 quarts transmission oil when I do oil changes. I live in Florida. Flat land is easy on transmissions. That pic was during a 600 mile round trip. Did a 900 mile trip last year towing the boat.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0995.JPG IMG_0990.JPG Alright here she is! 2008 Yukon XL Denali W/135k in pristine condition. I paid $13,315 for it. Both at rest. We'll have a short tow test run tomorrow as the wife and I are going to the lake while the kids are in school!

Last edited: