• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tower Bimini Pre-07 AR230

interesting, when I was pricing it out it was much higher :/

How difficult/easy was it to add the mounts to the tower? I have a pair of Pro80's and a pair of MB-8's and I have to flip them to the top side of the tower if I want to use the bimini...quite the PITA

The tower mounts are the same. The front strap clips are also used. The rear hull mount points are not used. I have the speakers mounted on the windows on the bimini on the aft tower cross bar.

@JCampbell ...sounds nice..pictures? Please..

20120915_155028.jpg Don't have any with bimini up. The back zips to the rear tower cross bar and the front straps to the existing points

The back zips to the rear tower cross bar

Is this statement just while it is stored or also while opened?

If while opened, how does the lesser coverage work for you? I know my stock bimini sticks out behind the tower by at least a foot. I would love to stow it up at the tower but also have the coverage I have now.

Thanks

Just while its open. It came with a cover that I strap to the front crossbar when stowed

@JCampbell -- It looks like the 2007 Bimini is the same as the 2006, Except the front bracket is different. I am wondering if I can change that front bracket to the 2007 (2008) bracket and then update my bimini to the 2008 model that attaches to the tower. Thanks for posting that the 2007 works with the 2008 bimini.

Am I reading this correctly -- That the canvas, poles, straps and boot cover are all included for $800? Part 8
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Y...TPUT - SXT1100BG/BIMINI TOP CARPET/parts.html

@JCampbell -- It looks like the 2007 Bimini is the same as the 2006, Except the front bracket is different. I am wondering if I can change that front bracket to the 2007 (2008) bracket and then update my bimini to the 2008 model that attaches to the tower. Thanks for posting that the 2007 works with the 2008 bimini.

Am I reading this correctly -- That the canvas, poles, straps and boot cover are all included for $800? Part 8
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Boat/2008/AR230 HIGH OUTPUT - SXT1100BG/BIMINI TOP CARPET/parts.html
You are correct. #8 is what I bought. It used all of the same mounts as the '07 on the tower and the front strap mounts in front of the windshield. I just don't use the two brackets on the top deck aft of the rear seats.

@JCampbell -- or anyone with a 2007-2009 AR230 If you think of it or get a chance, can you take a picture of your front bracket (part 1) and its relative position on the boat. I want to see if I can literally replace my front bracket (screw hole for screw hole.)

@JCampbell -- or anyone with a 2007-2009 AR230 If you think of it or get a chance, can you take a picture of your front bracket (part 1) and its relative position on the boat. I want to see if I can literally replace my front bracket (screw hole for screw hole.)
I will try to get a pic if the rain stops. It was the same one used for the stock unit mounted on the windshield bracket. I didn't have to change a thing.

I just modified my 2005 bimini to mount to my tower. I'm actually using a temporary 2" clamp that I spray painted black to match the tower, http://www.lowes.com/pd_11247-15527-02-56040___. I still need to move the front strap mounts, but easy fix. It took me a fair amount of time measuring to shorten the frame width and height, but between fittings and a $65 alteration fee for the canvas, I'm only in $100 on a very usable bimini. PM me if you want some pointers.

image1.JPG

Here is the pic for the mount. It is the stock location for the 07 and worked for the 08 bimini

Attachments

• IMG_0968.JPG
    IMG_0968.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 25
Back