• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower delivery

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a purchase pending of a tower that is currently in Oregon. I'm trying to get here to Florida. The seller is a member of this forum. Having the tower shipped would be way too expensive. I'm trying to get it here to florida at a reasonable cost. I have researched all kinds of shipping options and the cost is too high. Is there anyone on the west coast that is looking to come out to Florida that could possibly consider picking it up and delivering it? I would be willing to compensate cost. Anyone willing please send me a message.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well...i am in the portland area but my stepdaughter just had acl surgery. That’s quite a haul from oregon to the orlando area! I’m not sure you will have any takers willing to put that many miles on their truck. That’s got to be a five day driving trip, right??

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Doesn't @Betik ship or haul things for a fee? Not sure if that's just his side biz or not.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be in Lake Powell at the end of July (21,22). If the seller can bring the tower to Lake Powell. I will be glad to bring from Lake Powell to Dallas for Free.

FYI: If I had to go fetch your tower from Oregon and bring it to Orlando it will be $1,450.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doesn't @Betik ship or haul things for a fee? Not sure if that's just his side biz or not.
yes it is a side job that I am kind of stuck with it. It is all @Water Girl fault, but that is another subject for another day.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik if you bring it to Dallas...how much would it cost to get it here to Orlando? I believe we spoke about this a couple of months ago and you were going to charge me $800 in fuel cost. Can you possibly find out how much it would cost to ship it here from Dallas? The seller said it weighs about 50 pounds. Thanks

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Hilario Perez if I recall correctly the $800 was to get @John Mcpartland tower from WA to Dallas. And then when I was going to go to Bimini I will was going to put it on the truck and bring it for Free from Dallas to Orlando.

the price I gave you it is literal the cost of fuel with 2 nights sleeping in the car and one night sleeping in a hotel for Dallas to Oregon and back. Dallas to Florida I can do it with 2 night sleeping in the car. Plus I have friends in Orlando, so I can shower at their place. I did not factor in any wear and tear on the vehicle of make any money for myself.

Although the lbs here are very low, the item is bulky. The only way I could do it, is by rigging it on a truck or potentially on an empty jet ski trailer and then use a hatchback to tow it. Just to put thing in perceptive, if you have put this item on uship I would have quoted close to $2,700 because I literally ship one item per client.
In my opinion, you should put it on uship with very very precise dimensions. If you are patient enough, you will find someone to bring it to Florida for $1,000 or less. The fact that it is kind of skinny, it might a bit a very easy transport for someone who knows what he is doing.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my AR240 trailered from a dealer in Alabama to MD for $800 using Uship. That wasn’t a dealer price I booked the shipper myself.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buy new or have a custom one built. Doesn't make sense to ship across the country.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had my AR240 trailered from a dealer in Alabama to MD for $800 using Uship. That wasn’t a dealer price I booked the shipper myself.
the key with uship is to wait until you can find someone who is dropping something ( say a boat) at the location where you item needs to be picked from. In that case, you can get a dirt cheap deal. For example, I picked up a whaler from Detroit and brought to Dallas for $500. But if you are planing to ship a boat, as a rule of thumb you need to plan $1 per mile.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
when you get the request for quote are you doing it door to door? I've shipped items between shipping hubs before and it drops the price considerably. crating it or pallet-izing it and bringing it to the hub falls on the sellers hands.

edit: and dont overlook (home) moving companies, they need to fill truck space as well. If time isnt an issue that could help as well for them to find space.

Last edited:

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank guys I will let you no what I find out if you guys hear of anything let me know.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read about someone contacting Fastenal about shipping on thier trucks, and it was a dirt cheap rate. I can't remember where I read that though. Might be worth a call.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a boat arriving from Orlando next week, not sure where the truck is headed after that but I can ask the company.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ziess21 keep me posted if you come across any of those big bimini 242 E-towers, gently used ;)
I've been looking, those are like ~9k new - so not really an option.

--

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ziess21 keep me posted if you come across any of those big bimini 242 E-towers, gently used ;)
I've been looking, those are like ~9k new - so not really an option.

--
Will do, highly unlikely though.