• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Folding Question

Shabah182

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello, I'm looking at a 2021 SX210 or higher model. The main problem I have with any of the other models above the SX210 is the wake tower. I boat on a lake that has a low bridge with about 4-5' clearance. All pontoons have to put their bimini all the way down when they go under. I also dont really need the tower, but to get into the 1.8 you seem to have to have one in the 21' line.

My questions are, how easy is it to fold down with people in the boat? And can you still operate the boat when its folded down? I'd have to drive under the bridge still, and I've seen pictures and videos of the tower being folded right on top of the steering wheel. Thanks in advance for the help.

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is easy to fold the tower down to the usual position. The first few times it takes two people, but over time you'll be able to do it alone. If you remove the cables, it will drop down even more but you'll need a support for it to rest on. I use a plastic car ramp turned up vertically. You will find it a little cramped to sit in the drivers seat and operate the boat, but it can be done at very low speeds.

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello, I'm looking at a 2021 SX210 or higher model. The main problem I have with any of the other models above the SX210 is the wake tower. I boat on a lake that has a low bridge with about 4-5' clearance. All pontoons have to put their bimini all the way down when they go under. I also dont really need the tower, but to get into the 1.8 you seem to have to have one in the 21' line.

My questions are, how easy is it to fold down with people in the boat? And can you still operate the boat when its folded down? I'd have to drive under the bridge still, and I've seen pictures and videos of the tower being folded right on top of the steering wheel. Thanks in advance for the help.
The 212 has the 1.8s without a tower.

Can't speak to the 210 tower, but the 212 tower is just two pins and folds down. Easy with one person, very easy with two.

Shabah182

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. Sorry yes the 212 does not have the tower but it’s only offered in black which would be tough to keep clean IMO. At the end of the day we are going to have to fold something down but really want the 1.8 so maybe we will look at the 212S.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. Sorry yes the 212 does not have the tower but it’s only offered in black which would be tough to keep clean IMO. At the end of the day we are going to have to fold something down but really want the 1.8 so maybe we will look at the 212S.
Go with the 212s. Tower folds super easy and you’ll only have it down for a minute. I personally am not a fan of most boats without towers. As boats get bigger they still have towers but many aren’t for tow sports, they just add a complete extra level of rigidity to the structure from a physics standpoint and they look way better with the Bimini than without. All the poles and straps makes it seem like some sort of makeshift umbrella, though I get the need for shade. Our SeaDoo has they style Bimini and it was fine and needed; we didn’t run with it up anyway and they aren’t too bad looking with the Bimini down. I just see so many running with them completely up or up but rolled.