• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower rack for 1.75" thick wake surfboard

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I plan on getting a bigger and longer board for beginners that want to try surfing but need a place to store the board. Maybe a Hyperlite Landlock, or IS Red Rocket or Blue Lake.

To store a big board I'm looking to mount a rack on the inside of my tower to hold the surfboard. I saw a picture on YJB of a member that used the old 2008 212X style mount to do this. At the time I didn't even know there was a difference in the tower racks between the 08 and 09 212Xs. I can't find that thread and was wondering if anyone had any pictures of this old style wakeboard rack and if it would be wide enough to fit a surfboard 1.75" thick. The current wakeboard racks on my 212X handle 1" surfboards like the IS squirt and the HL broadcast.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
jetboater,

I do remember that thread.
I am using a CWB Ride and just recently purchased a Hypelite Landlock (wanted something easier for the beginners) - the Ride fits and the Landlock obviously doesn't. I ended up buying this
http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BT-SRFQCKRCKU-PA

My boat is still in storage - but my plans are to replace my existing fingers with the wider new fingers. According to all my measurements, the finger swap SHOULD be a direct bolt on swap. I could've just bought the fingers from here http://www.diywake.com/store/copy-of-kneeboard-wakeboard-combo-rack-fork (these have the same bolt spacing), but decided to buy the whole rack instead. I can either sell the complete rack later on for $150 or something, or most likely, give it to my brother who's buying an AR190 as his B-Day gift.

Last edited:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@octavio3311 thanks for the info. I'm probably going to pick up a landlock too. The landlock is 1.75" wide and those racks are 2.5" to 3". I wonder if it is going to be a little loose?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I test fitted the Landlock once I received the new rack. There is a very slight gap - I don't think it will be a big deal once you tighten & secure with the bungee. But maybe some added foam between the fingers might help.

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
yeah - that 1 is a bit too wide. Boards may get damaged with the flopping around. Definitely need to pad those fingers up - maybe with some thicker pipe insulation.
Thickest board you'll find will most likely be a Ronix Duke 6'1" - they're about 3' thick. And most real surfboards are in the 2 & 1/2" range.

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im actually thinking about having my local upholstery shop modify my bimini to something like this. It's an option on Natique's and Tige's. surf6.jpg surf5.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just waiting to pull my boat out of storage. I've talked to them and they are familiar with the pocket cause they do all the work for the local marinas. The owner said it was actually an easy mod for them - just bring them the boat and my largest boards and it would take them a couple of hours.

Here's another. surf4.jpg

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep the bimini mod is coo. I saw a natique with it and wished I had something like that. I don't even have a bimini for my boat right now since it came missing some parts but that will be another thread. I might go with the knee board fork that way I can carry my kneeboard or put pipe insulation or noodles on the fingers and use it for the surfboard. @buckbuck1 did a great job of that. Speaking of buckbuck... where is he?

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was at the boat show yesterday and checking out of the bimini's as well as I am a couple of parts down and have a few small tears as well. I don't know if I should replace the whole assembly or consider other options. After several conversations and looking at multiple bimini's I have to conclude that Sunbrella seems to provide most of the fabric for the better quality brands. Several said that Sunbrella also makes and designs the supports, so I am going to investigate that as an option. If you end up doing something with yours prior... I may buy some of the parts of you.