• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower speaker on Scarab

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

New Scarab owner here and we purchased the HO not the impulse and it does not come with a tower speaker. I know the Impulse comes with a Kicker, does anyone know what kind it is because it seems to have a different mount. Just wondering because I am trying to decide between those and the Wetsounds. I have never heard the Kicker but I know the wetsound sounds great but not too sure about the price.

Thanks
Dave

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@razorxp Welcome to our community! Congrats on your purchase!! Please take some time to update your location, and visit our Scarab section.

On the HO models its an option to have the Kicker system and speakers. And I believe they have gone to rear swim deck mounted on anything bigger than the 195.

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks scarabmike!

I have been looking for what speaker the HO has and how it mounts. All the other speakers seem to go on the crossbar and this one hooks on side.

Also my dealer has no idea if the tower is prewired with speaker wire ( in storage so I can't check).

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem, and no it isnt prewired. I wouldnt waste my time trying to get the Kicker speakers if you dont have them. Your better off getting some JL audio or Wet sounds that are better sounding, and not that much more money.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@razorxp first off welcome! What will be your home waters? You plan on going to Indian Lake at all this season? I would love to have a first hand look at the Scarabs at some point.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you need an amp after you get it figured out what kind of Tower Speaker you are going to run, I have a wet sounds amp that is still brand new that I am trying to get rid of for a good price.... Let me know, its an HT-2 600w amp....

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi GiddYupJoe,
We have a few friends that go down there so we may try to sneak down at some point. We Bounce from some small lakes in Michigan and Indiana to running river at lake erie. If we get a free weekend I would defiantly shoot down there as its only about 1:30 mins. Do you have a place up there? How is the water up there, I know they had some issues but they were working on them.

PaulyB I would have interest in it for sure, still up in the air about what to buy.