• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

tower Speaker volume control?

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your installation looks great (you posted photos from the cockpit side on another thread). Can you post photos of the back side of the dash showing how you mounted these?
I wish I could. My boat is still in indoor storage and wont be coming out till last weekend of April.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same question @cozilla has.

I bought the Clarion 502? HU - the one with ONE knob---BIG mistake....

I wired it with my 4 channel amp (which is matched to the rear fader by default) and put the swim deck speakers on the front side of the HU output, with the bow speakers on the rear of the head unit. This way I can fade to the rear and all the boat speakers are on, and fade to the front and the swim deck speakers are on. This works fine, EXCEPT getting to the fader control is a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't clear to me how any of these faders are wired....
This is the exact reason I went with the M303 @Julian !!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So these would only be helpful when all your speakers are hooked to AMPs....

Guess I either need to buy another amp...or change this PITA HU to one with a more easily accessible fader control that doesn't require a laminated card for me to follow to find the fader control. Since I've invested and installed Clarion remotes...that limits me to Clarion....any of them have a fader KNOB?
Not completely true. I added a mid cabin speaker set so I hooked all four of the cabins to my amp from front rca out, have tower amped from rear rca out, sub from amped sub out, and now have the bow speakers hooked directly to HU. I am adding a line level control knob between the front RCA out and the amp for the cabin speakers. So if I want more now speaker volume, I turn up the main volume knob and then can turn up or down the cabins with the line level. My fader for front to rear is easily accessed in the Sony HU so I can blend between the in boat and towers easily. Also the sub menu is easy to access to.

You could control a fader of sorts if you had a line level to the amp, but it would be the volume of the HU balanced with the line level of the amp...