• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower speaker wiring question

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone have a recommendation for a wiring harness for tower speakers and hard wiring a tower nav light?

I am looking for a harness that I can unplug similar to the factory harness.

The only thread I saw regarding running wire in the factory tower was that it is not possible, however; I have seen tower speakers on Yamahas like mine.

Any links to threads or tips will be greatly appreciated.

We discovered this to be a relatively difficult (read impossible) task on our 2013.
Your situation may likely differ, depending on "how" Yamaha wired your tower at the time of install.
A suggestion: Take it to a dealer and let them do it.
Your nerves and more are worth the cost.
My 2 cents worth. Good Luck, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Mille Lacs, MN

I first wired my tower anchor light by itself. I used the fishing line and vacuum method and it was very simple. The hard part to wiring speakers is getting the wires to the port side of the tower. I tried fishing line and vacuum, I tried a strong magnet and a nut on the line to trace the line to the other side. It's just a real pain in the ass. If you try to pull a harness through I suggest using something very strong like 300lb fishing line or similar.

The forward sweeping tower makes you think you can use an electrical fish tape to pull the wires through the tower. I've seen other Yamahas with the same tower as mine with tower speakers, so I know it can be done. I'm just looking for someone that has done it on the same tower as mine.

Hey @mgabsa! We rigged a 2014 LS with Radar... it took 3 hours to get all the cabling down the tower but we did it. The hardest part is at the curve. There is a sleeve inside the tube and trying to get the snake to get through it was the time consuming task. We tried the vacuum trick to no avail. Patience won out and eventually we got it in there.

BIT THE BULLET and went for it. (We finished the install the weekend before July 4th-just in time)

Drilled holes in the tower where the 2 tower speakers will be mounted and 1 hole where the wires will come from the tower and go through the hull/gunwhale. I ran the fish tape from the exit hole all the way around to the speaker hole on the port side. I used a hook awl to pull the fish tape through the hole I drilled (I think it was a 7/16" hole) and connected the wire and pulled the wire all the way. My wife fed the wire and I pulled it through. We did the same for the second speaker wire. The sleeve in the tower is hard to bypass if you're pushing the fish from the port side, I know cuz I tried like hell to go that direction and then my wife said just go from the other end.

Yes, I had to face her when I worked that fish for 20 min. trying to get it past the sleeve and when I followed her idea the wire was run in 5 min.

The rest is history and we couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
Nice! I just wired a similar tower, patience and bigger isn't always better are 2 things I learned. We did pull in 2 sets for each side plus the nav light so it got kinda full in the end.

Back