• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speakers

smokin242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242 Limted S. Getting ready to install the WS Icon 8s and wanted to know if it matter if I mount on the front or back bar? Looking through some pictures on installations to get a sense of what the majority has done of these boats. Are there any pros or cons, one vs the other?

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd check to see if both bars have access to the tube at the base to route wires. That's the primary reason for my selection of front or rear.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2012 242 Limted S. Getting ready to install the WS Icon 8s and wanted to know if it matter if I mount on the front or back bar? Looking through some pictures on installations to get a sense of what the majority has done of these boats. Are there any pros or cons, one vs the other?
I think this is personal preference. If your lowering the tower back bar is good, if you want that extra foot of tower sound in the cabin the front bar is good. Maybe a little easier to run cables through the front bar. But em recently I saw them run through the back.. I know this isn’t a definitive answer. But at the end of the day depends on fit and going with your own preference as what YOU like?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
my tower lamps are wired into the rear bar. They have a little rubber cover over an access port

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bringing this thread back to the top as I am working up a plan to install tower speakers on my 2014 242LS.

I would like to put them on the front bar but I already see a couple issues which lead to my questions;

First the factory bimini wraps around the front bar and would likely not fit if I have tower speakers clamped on it. This kind of restricts me to the rear bar.

Second, I was thinking the front bar would be easier to just leave enough slack for the tower to be folded down vs the rear bar which would require some type of plug/disconnect should I ever need to fold the tower down.

How are you guys passing the wires through the hull just a standard grommet/cable clam or are you somehow replicating the factory plug for the tweeters/lights to make a disconnect for the tower speakers? I see that a few companies sell a 4ch wiring kit with a plug but I would have to drill about a 1" hole and run like a 3/4-1" wire bundle.

Since I dont really fold my tower down I am leaning towards sacrificing that functionality and just running (4) 14ga speaker wires wrapping the exposed section with woven loom and passing the bundle through a bluesea cable clam but open to input from those who have more experience.

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I have the same speakers mounted on the front bar. They sound great. Get them professionally tuned if you don't know how. Cost me $150 to get my set up tuned.