• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Towing and bimini top

Woodsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed some posts made mention of pulling tubes from the tower. I was told not to do this as occasionally the front of the tube can get drawn under the water. The stresses created From the tub spooning all that water weight can exceed the weight limits and damage the tower and/or boat. Perhaps some more experienced boaters on the forum can speak to this?

Matty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I go under for surfing...no issues! What about when it's not out? Seems like it will be in the way for surfing?!🤷🏽‍♂️

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Perhaps a dumb questions since I have never had a tower before and never been on a boat with one, but when you tow from the tower does the Rope go above or below the bimini top?

When I put it above it looked liked it was rubbing, when I put it under the chrome bars on the sides of the bimini top are in the way when turning.
We haven't used it for wakeboarding yet, but for wake surfing it was obvious it was wrong when it was above. Worked as designed from below.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use it above for wakeboarding and tubing and works fine.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Resurfacing this post from last year just to say: THANKS! We have spent the past year taking the bimini down to wakeboard. Like all the way down and on the floor. We never tried to tow from ABOVE the bimini. We only used the top when pulling tubes from the rear hook.

I feel kinda dumb now that we never tried above the bimini top. Man, there is always something to learn.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Resurfacing this post from last year just to say: THANKS! We have spent the past year taking the bimini down to wakeboard. Like all the way down and on the floor. We never tried to tow from ABOVE the bimini. We only used the top when pulling tubes from the rear hook.

I feel kinda dumb now that we never tried above the bimini top. Man, there is always something to learn.
That is why the bimini rear has multiple positions. Just click it down one or to lower the back end if your rope is rubing.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
It is my understanding, (from everything I've read) that you should never tow tubes from the tower. So I will always tow tubes from the stern hook, especially if they are not my sibling.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, that is a hotly debated topic. You need to do what you feel is best. A lot tow everything from the tower and a lot don't.