• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing a 242 with a Rivian R1S

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Wow. Got the email this morning regarding our preorder. I knew they were taking a lot of heat but didn't expect this about face! We actually just started researching other options yesterday because of the price hike. They also claim to let anyone back in on their cancelled reservation at original configured cost if they cancelled on or after March 1st. Kind of refreshing to see someone own up to their mistakes!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I laughed at the whole Rivian thing. They were doomed either way. If they honor prices, they bleed money due to inflation rising much faster than anticipated, likely selling the vehicles at a loss. If they don't raise prices, they lose customers who are waiting, and are likely to just jump into a vehicle from a mainstream brand that actually knows how to manufacture things.

Unless Rivian has an unlimited amount of venture capital backing, I think they're doomed. All these EV startups dnt have the time advantages that Tesla had, and the actual auto industry has done what the startups did in less time. Lucid, fisker, Rivian, all the other EV startups... IMO they're doomed, and at best might get acquired. But seeing as they're hyper overvalued in the market., they'll likely just run out of funding and liquidate.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is... not how I would have arranged that. I guess it's not the worst setup, you could probably back up 3 or 4 feet and then pull forward out. I would have arranged 2 of them side by side so you could pull straight out and not have to back up a trailer like that. But maybe the area doesn't allow for.it in some way.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is... not how I would have arranged that. I guess it's not the worst setup, you could probably back up 3 or 4 feet and then pull forward out. I would have arranged 2 of them side by side so you could pull straight out and not have to back up a trailer like that. But maybe the area doesn't allow for.it in some way.
I agree. It's progress, but still not quite right.

Still not 100% certain what's wrong with making charging stations like gas stations? Replenishing energy into wheeled conveyances seems like a problem we've solved a few times over already. Not sure why the industry is reinventing the wheel again on this front.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree. It's progress, but still not quite right.

Still not 100% certain what's wrong with making charging stations like gas stations? Replenishing energy into wheeled conveyances seems like a problem we've solved a few times over already. Not sure why the industry is reinventing the wheel again on this front.
The EV industry likes to think of itself as smarter and so they have to do things differently. Like putting the charge port in the front rather than the back like 99% of ICE vehicles ever. It's ego, and overestimation of their own talents.

Dead center front makes sense because it's easier accessed, from either side.

But yeah, the gas station arrangement has been perfect over like 100 years. You're not gonna improve on it despite what your ego tells you.