• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Towing service?

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was amazed that I didn't find a thread for this...

Seatow, BoatUS, or something else?

2003 LX210. I do my best to make sure she's in good shape, but it's 11 years old... I'm sure there will be a day that she won't make it back under her own power. So, what's your preference for a towing service?

As far as I know, there is SeaTow and BoatUS. Other than cost, is there really a difference? I'll be on mostly Florida rivers with occasional jaunts up and down the intercoastal. Maybe I'll do a holiday in the Keys every few years. Is there really anything to differentiate between the two? Is there another option I should look at?

I've been with Boat US for over ten years. Never had to use them, credit Yamaha reliability. However, I used to own two stroke and believe the same way you do - that two stroke has a tendency to break down no matter how well kept the boat. I never heard of SeaTow. Boat US seemed to offer excellent options, which I hope to never use. But guess what? I still pay the premium every year as I never want to be saddled with one of those towing horror stories.

We had a lot of discussion of the merits of each in the Bimini 2014-June 22 thread. Most of us are lake boaters so we do not worry about needing a tow. But for boating the ocean or very large lakes it makes sense to have such a policy.

I have sea tow, Gold cover, $169 annually. Hope never to use but it's just an insurance and piece of mind.
I was told if you call them out and are not a member the clock starts as soon as they leave at $400 an hour.

I have Seatow even tho I boat mostly on lakes and the boat is brand new... the gold membership covers any lakes and ocean where I boat/rent/lease/borrow. As long as I am on the boat it is covered up to $5000 in tows and $300 for any trailer help I may need. That also includes jump starts and gas delivery (you pay for the fuel) I called both and they are pretty much offer the same services but I believe Seatow offers better coverage and they have a great app for you phone. Luckly I never had to use them but my bro-in-law did and swear by them. I think is great and worth every penny for a piece of mind and it WILL poay for itself the first time you need it.

Back