• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing to Table Rock Lake in a few!

dustin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Okay guys, I am planning a camping trip on Table Rock Lake on the last week of this month and wanted to see what you guys think I should make a point to see while I'm up there. I will be towing from Houston so its going to be a long haul.

I have never towed my boat that far and wanted to know if anyone had tips or pointers on making the pull as smooth as possible. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We towed our SX230HO to Table Rock Lake a few years ago and it was a fun trip. There are lots of hills between here and there so make sure your tow vehicle is up to the task and your trailer breaks are in good shape. We have a diesel with the exhaust break and it was actually a fun driving trip for me.

The area is beautiful! We stayed in Kimberling City at the marina resort and campground in a cabin. The cabins are mixed into the campground and it overlooks the marina. We kept the boat in a covered wet slip all week that had power for the battery charger. We explored the lake a good bit and saw the dam and lots of coves using the Navionix app on my phone for navigation. It was a must have for sure. For being a Texas boy like me you will need an orange flag while there is someone in the water off the boat. It's the law. You can pick one up anywhere around the lake for a few dollars. We went into Branson a few times to eat or to see shows and to ride gocarts.

The lake is very clear and very deep in most places, but it is known by most to eat anchors like it did mine. The bottom is covered in rocks and deeply flooded timber so there's lots of places for the anchor or rod to get hung up on. It was a fun trip and I'd definitely do it again in a few years. Just PM me if you want more details.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I highly recommend you purchase, as a minimum, a cheap infra-red gun. You can purchase at harbor freight fairly cheap but other places have them also. Use it every time you make a stop. Just point at hub and read. You will be going through hills and this is a very favorable tool to have.
Make sure you have the tools ie. Lug wrench that fits your trailer tools and jack in the event of a flat tire.
Put 50lbs p.si. in your tires cold before leaving out. Do not forget the spare tire p.s.i.
Stay at speeds 65 or lower. That is all your tires are rated for. I prefer trailering at night due to lower road and outside temperatures.

Recommend Branson Landing. It is an outside shopping area ( Not a Mall) on the water (Not by boat). It has has many nice restaurants to choice from with water views available.
Dolly Parton dinner and a show is a nice experience.
If you have children, Silver Dollar city is nice.
DO NOT go downtown Branson or the main Branson street with your boat in tow if you can help it. You will be in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for miles.

If you happen to be there during a predicted all day of rain, I recommend a 45 minute trip North to Springfield Mo and visit the Bass Pro store and Museum) This is the original bass pro store ( they also have a separate outlet store in the same parking lot. If you have time, located between Branson and Springfield on HWY. 65 Is a restaurant (Lamberts) (Home of the Throwed Rolls). Expect at least an hour to get in unless you get there when it opens. (A very popular restaurant).

Safe Travels. A great place to visit. Have Fun.

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We did all but the Silver Dollar City! The Dolly Parton show is a dinner theater like Medevil Times with almost the same food, but the show is western themed. We had days of rain and it just happened to be the days that were to be off the water. The wife didn't want to spend every single day on the boat of the vacation. I think it was good to have a break from it and see the surrounding attractions. I was very thankful we had a covered slip on those rainy day's cause the boat stayed nice and dry.