• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing Towables

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your profile says you have an LS model which didn't have a factory tower.
My boat has a factory tower and the warning sticker says 250lbs max but no restriction about tubes. I've been towing tubes from my factory tower for over 9 seasons and no problems at all. Funny, the newer factory towers are thicker but I think they do have a warning about tubes (not sure). All the more reason to keep my "Classic 230" and not go new ;)
I would go with whatever max limits or warnings that the tower specifies. In the case of an OEM one, that may be different.

This past weekend, I was towing the tube from the standard tow point. I was returning to the tuber who fell off and while doing this, the tube must have got hung up on the water because the boat jerked for a second and I thought I ran into a deer. When I looked at the tube which was now floating away from us, I found that there was a broken, plastic connector where the rope ties to the tube.

I think the 250 pound limit that is on the tower could easily be exceeded if you have 2 teenagers on these 2+ person tubes.

This past weekend, I was pulled over by the "lake guard" and they told me that their lake restricts tubes/toys to 1 person only and that we couldn't have 2 on the tube. I took that to mean that we needed to tube away from the "lake guard" where they couldn't see us. We didn't have any other run in's with the guards

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A "lake guard" and only one person on a tube. I have never heard that before. Is the lake small?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a reservoir and it is 1100 acres. Hey do have the guards but it is a pennsylvania state owned area. There is also no alcohol allowed.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i pull tubes from the tower. i've towed a boat (slowly) from the tower too. i don't like using the hook because i'm afraid of sucking in the rope! i suffer from rope sucking paranoia!!!