• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing with a Jeep Gladiator

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the Gladiator Rubi was ~7-10k cheaper I would have one sitting in my driveway right now. Could consolidate my Grand and JK into one convenient toy.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm...

"On a graph of fun versus refinement, Jeep's pickup is way out on the goofy side, intentionally not-slick. It's noisy and the solid-axle front end wanders like a loose beagle. The standard V6's peaky, high-rpm power delivery is comically out of sync with the Gladiator's otherwise brutish persona (peak horsepower at 6,400 rpm, peak torque at 4,400 rpm)."

Sounds like a great tow vehicle for a boat... perhaps not a highway speeds.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If the Gladiator Rubi was ~7-10k cheaper I would have one sitting in my driveway right now. Could consolidate my Grand and JK into one convenient toy.
That can nearly happen if you order from one of the dealers that's selling these things for 5% under invoice, instead of paying MSRP or close.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Can't tow my boat.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That can nearly happen if you order from one of the dealers that's selling these things for 5% under invoice, instead of paying MSRP or close.
Yup. There's a few dealers I know of that will do 7k off all day long, even the launch edition models.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmm...

"On a graph of fun versus refinement, Jeep's pickup is way out on the goofy side, intentionally not-slick. It's noisy and the solid-axle front end wanders like a loose beagle. The standard V6's peaky, high-rpm power delivery is comically out of sync with the Gladiator's otherwise brutish persona (peak horsepower at 6,400 rpm, peak torque at 4,400 rpm)."

Sounds like a great tow vehicle for a boat... perhaps not a highway speeds.

Mine does perfectly fine at highway speeds with 3.73's. I'm sure with 4.10's and a longer wheelbase it tows with ease.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ripler, any further comments in regards to towing? Have you gotten any more towing miles under your belt with the Gladiator?
I've been towing every week end and haven't had any issues,

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm happy if I can get my Jeep JK to 60mph, the 39.5" tires and all the armor strains the engine. Even though it's re-geared, I will never tow with it.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered one today... be here in 5-6 weeks.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The diesels look promising they are releasing in these soon. Maybe up the towing or at least economy and feel off the vehicle.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The diesels look promising they are releasing in these soon. Maybe up the towing or at least economy and feel off the vehicle.
Towing supposed to be lower with the diesels.. something about engine cooling..

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the one that showed up at the Jeep Jamboree event in Moab, UT this year. Not a tow vehicle but still very nice. When I asked the owner if he ever considered towing anything with it, he laughed out loud and said, “Hell no, I have a tow vehicle for that.”

5B98BEC9-B195-4C65-B555-5E80B928B1CF.jpeg