• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing with t-top canvas on

Steve Carter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone tow their FSH Sport with the t-top canvas still on? I was told at the boat dealership to remove the canvas if towing on the highway. Just wanting to know what others are doing. Just picked up my FSH Sport last week.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tow mine regularly up to 75 mph. The dealer helped us hook up to our truck when our boat was picked up new and never mentioned taking the canvas off the T top.
They knew we were traveling 60 miles on the interstate. We check and make sure the securing strap is even as possible often. I still check the mirrors to see if it's blown off all the time while towing.

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dealer told us it's not rated for over 60 mph. It probably wouldn't fly off but may rip. Especially after its aged a while.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Definitely could rip after few years or sooner. I trailer ours all the time and won't be taking it off and on. If it was a problem there would be someone probably posting here. The top material is thin but seems to work very well! Interested to see how long it lasts. We keep ours covered.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trailered mine from Tampa to the Keys twice with canvas on with no issues still like brand new

Steve Carter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. I have only put the top on once since I bought the boat but it is a pain to put on by yourself. I will leave it on and just keep an eye on it when towing.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer told me to take it off if im towing at highway speeds. Most of my towing is under 40mph so I leave it on. Nice to hear that a few of you guys are towing on the highway with it on.

Quick question regarding the top... I can not get the little canvas cover back over the ratchet, is there a trick?

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
On long distances I do take off my windshield and store it under the console. It just looks like it would add more wind resistance since it sticks up higher than my truck.