• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing with Tower speakers.

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those of you with a wake tower and tower speakers, do you tow at highway speeds with your tower speakers mounted? I just purchased some cheap tower speakers with plastic enclosures. I am planning to tow the boat about 100 miles at highway speeds and am concerned about the strength of the mounting hardware. Am I just paranoid or has anyone had issues with their mounts breaking?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have cans, but I have a sound bar on the tower. Boats seen as fast as 90mph on the expressway. Typically drive around the speed limit though, and that's 70mph on our typical lake bound journey.

Bugs are an issue. Rocks/chips are not. I put a cheap cover to keep the heat sink fins from whistling in the wind.

Otherwise no difference from towing without.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have heavy duty brackets but I will take them down. Takes me a few minutes and the speakers were very expensive. I see no reason to risk any sort of damage or accident.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yep. My JLs are permanently connected. I tighten the allen bolts a couple times a year and purchased the neoprene covers for them for storage and towing. No issues.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve had thousands of miles trailering my boat with no issues from the tower speakers. Just put the covers on them and go.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve had thousands of miles trailering my boat with no issues from the tower speakers. Just put the covers on them and go.
I concur, I’ve had tower speakers on since I’ve owned the boat. Just keep the covers on them when I tow, have had to replace the covers once over 2.5 years, 20 dollars off Amazon so inexpensive.