• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ToyHauler for a boat?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For those that think about triple towing... another possible option. Wonder if they can squeeze a 240 in there?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately our 8'6" beam is too wide for any legal width toy hauler.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A Scarab 165 is only 16 ft long with a 7'1" beam. Better yet get a class A and haul a bigger boat.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wishful thinking here too! I was hoping to find something like that when were ready to upgrade to a 5th wheel camper. I quickly discovered that they don't exist because of the max legal beam of our Yamaha. I found many "custom" jobs that people had put together where they had taken a gooseneck flatbed trailer and mounted an old camper of some form or fashion and would then haul a race car or sandrail on the rest of the open trailer. All the ones that I found were built and owned by guys who were metal fabricators and welders by trade. They were all over built and extremely heavy where you would need a dually 1 ton truck at the minimum to move it. That all combined put an end to my dream of having a setup like that and we went the traditional route.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Check your state laws about length. I believe Indiana has a 50' total length limit so towing a camper and a boat isn't feasible. I believe the big rigs do it but probably have a different classification for the law.
I do however have a class c liscense so perhaps i could get away with it....?

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Many states the max limit is 60 - 70 ft area, not sure I have heard of a state with only a 50ft limit considering you can buy a 45ft RV in every state and most pull something behind it. I was 60ft+ when I had my last RV and pulled my wrangler unlimited.

I saw a really cool trailer on a RV forum, it was a stacker trailer that put a boat on the second level and a car on the lower level. It was a open stacker thus no walls... the top level used the actual stacker trailer as the trailer for the boat. The boat was simply lowered all the way down and put in the water eliminating another trailer to deal with. Thought it was a really slick setup

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I stand corrected, just looked up the laws, and in Indiana:
Total length: 65 feet; trailer length: 40 feet; width: 102 inches; height: 13 feet 6 inches.

The maximum length of 2 or more vehicles together, including any cargo is 60 feet. The maximum length for 3 or more vehicles together, including a load, is 65 feet. The maximum load size in length is 3 feet beyond the front and 4 feet beyond the rear.