• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TPS Values When WOT for MR-1 HO with 4 throttle butterflies.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, back to basics. Impellers were not on the right side. After re examination and re reading the shop manual section, and installing the solas impellers on the correct side, we have success! Rpms Match just fine.

Just need to clean the Hull again to get full speed back.

Thanks for the help and thoughts.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always start with the basics!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing is going to change the value except clocking the tps sensor, or buying a new one. The tps value is 100% based on the rotation inside the sensor and nothing else. It's very very common to not see the full value on loads of different cars. As long as the blade is fully open, your fine. If my boat did that i would go nothing and assume it's totally normal. I used to tune cars and have seen thousands of data logs where tps is not at max. I'm not sure how these ecus work, but i suspect the fuel and timing is mostly map and rpm based.
There is a procedure to set all the throttle blades in the fsm, but it sounds like you're is open.

Check compression and change plugs to see if that helps with the rpm issue.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, It's fixed now. Both engines match and reach 10K. The TPS sensor was fine.. Someone else explained they rarely show past 80 since the shaft is thicker anyway and 80 is already pretty much WOT.