• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trade value disappointment

Ronnie - Tracy is where we bought our SX210. We actually got a great price on the boat (29K + freight), which was basically one of the last two new 2011s when 2012's were not available in CA. Their service prices, though, are insane. I'm sure that is due in no small part to their being the only dealer in a 400 mile radius. With San Ramon Boat Center in Rocklin now selling Yamahas, I wonder if that has had any impact on Tracy. I would expect that pretty much any dealer is going to give 5-7K less in trade than they think the boat will sell for.

It all boils down to what you want. What your happy with. I'm one of those guys that buys the things I like and don't worry about what everyone else thinks about it or the deal they got. Know what you have, what you want and what you'll do to get it. I bought my boat last September. I knew I could have got a better deal if I waited till the boat shows this spring but what was my 2013 going to be worth then? I lucked out my dealer listed my boat on their website and someone called within a day. I took mine in and the new owner unhooked from my truck hooked to his and an hour later he was on his way home with it. I gave the dealer $500 for the paperwork and I got high retail for mine and saved about $2600 in taxes. Had to wait 2 weeks for my new boat but they delivered it to my door. 180 mile drive. Now I see 2013 242ls's listed for $5000 or more less than I got out of mine. Once in awhile your in the right place at the right time. Just remember nobody needs a boat. We just love the damn things!

@ orangetj, I hear you on Tracy and the way they do business but even if all dealers work that way I feel like I get a better deal and have more selection in scal. I drove to la on the 99 a few months ago and saw a place in Bakersfield that sells yamaha jet boats. I would go to the San Ramon boat center (previously near here now 100 miles away) in Roseville and Bakersfield as well as check out Tracy before heading to scal if I was in the market for a new boat.

Back