• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trailer bunk bolts .. Grade 8 installed 3 years ago

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Coming up on season 4 with the grade 8 bolts and lock nuts installed on the bunks.. Primarily salt water drops and stored outside in winter ... So far no issues and the bolts look Ok ... but am i gambling at this point ? who thinks i should swap to grade 5 SS ? and which kind 304 ? thanks

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are these bolts currently holding? The brackets or boards on the brackets? Either way I don’t see a reason to be using grade 8 unless that’s what you had. In salt water I would be using stainless hardware if possible or just replacing regular bolts as needed.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What are these bolts currently holding? The brackets or boards on the brackets? Either way I don’t see a reason to be using grade 8 unless that’s what you had. In salt water I would be using stainless hardware if possible or just replacing regular bolts as needed.
bunks pivot attachment

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they look fine I’d just leave them but only you can make the call because we aren’t there to visually see the wear and tear from salt. Another option would be galvanized bolts for replacement.