• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer bunks replaced today

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First of all, a HUGE thank you to @Bruce for your write up re: bunk replacement. I pretty much followed your instructions and item list to replace my worn out bunks. And by worn out I mean, rotted. Overdue. I'm so glad to have this forum to help me learn how to do these things on my own...

This really was an inexpensive project as well...until I just HAD to buy the Ryobi AirStrike stapler...totally worth the money though!

I included a copy of my receipt just to show other members the cost of this DIY project...

...and yes I used indoor/outdoor carpet sold @ Home Depot. I'll be sure to let y'all know if it doesn't hold up.
PhotoGrid_1463342594948.jpg

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
a battery powered impact saves you a bunch of time too! I prepped the boards for mine in my garage, took it all to the ramp, and swapped em out in about 20 minutes..

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
a battery powered impact saves you a bunch of time too! I prepped the boards for mine in my garage, took it all to the ramp, and swapped em out in about 20 minutes..
Totally agree. Being able to zip on the new bolts is definitely easier with the right tools.
I wish I trusted my measurements enough to have prepped them beforehand...still got the job done though

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Guys, I'm in the process of doing this replacement up here in Canada. Let me tell you: its a bit of a nightmare in this 3rd world country because I am having a hard time getting the materials, namely the carpet. Our Home Depot and Lowes do NOT carry the black outdoor carpet. I did find a roll of 6'x9' indoor/outdoor carpet at another store, but it looks quite thin. It has a solid backer to it though, and appears that it would work well, but do you guys think it is too thin? Its about 1/8" total thickness.

Also, it is ribbed, and I thought about running the ribbing along the length (parallel) with the bunk. I'm sort of concerned though that if its not a solid carpet, then perhaps if the hull compresses the fibers, it will have too much friction?

IMG_3881.JPG IMG_3882.JPG IMG_3883.JPG IMG_3884.JPG

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you order from Amazon? If not I would think that carpet would be fine.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Same krap with Amazon. We have "Canadianized" versions of all of the big US stores, which tend to carry a small fraction of the parts, usually at higher prices.

The best I could find was this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Fulton-Replacement-Trailer-Carpeting-144-Inch/dp/B000XBFBZ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41wlhsSslGL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=VJPA66AT29E516BTVV5A

or this:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004XAH7TK/ref=s9_simh_gw_g200_i5_r?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=GB3P3RQ2TW2W89VNNSHN&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop

The total cost would be significantly more with either of these since I'd need 3 rolls, so I'm looking at $75 or $100 vs $50. Also, I don't know if this stuff would be any better or thicker?? I realize $25 isn't a big deal, but if I don't know what I'm getting (ie: I can't touch it first), I'm a little leery, especially since the reviews are somewhat mixed.

Last edited: