• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Cover. Where to get?

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Scarab 195 HO... Purchased it from the dealer brand new and it came with the snap covers for the front and back... Now the black color is fading bad just outside of where the snap covers go on...

I just saw some other Scarab on the road with the Scarab trailer cover that covers the area that my boat is fading. Where can I get the trailer cover from and how much do they usually run?

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 215, and am looking for the same thing. Looks like none of the big cover producers make a cover that fits. You may have luck if you look for a cover for a Seadoo Challenger cover...same hull.

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Have you looked at the Scarab website? If the cover you saw says Scarab on it they must offer it as an option.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Have you looked at the Scarab website? If the cover you saw says Scarab on it they must offer it as an option.
Ah... Yes, just saw it on the Scarab website. Then you need to order it thru the dealer. It's like $800 for the trailer cover.

kalvanklein

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Had the same issue. Bough mine on ebay from a taylor shop custom made for 195 HOI with tower, perfect fit. Keeps water put and covers all the black area preventing fading from sun exposure. I had it for 2 years now and is holding pretty good

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The Scarab (manufacturer) part number for that cover is 072-4455. The price (sitting down) should be around $999.00 - This cover has the SCARAB logo on it and uses the rachetting tiedown at the transom.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The Scarab (manufacturer) part number for that cover is 072-4455. The price (sitting down) should be around $999.00 - This cover has the SCARAB logo on it and uses the rachetting tiedown at the transom.
Thank you. I talked to the dealer and that's the price I got but was told.itncoild take up to 3months to deliver because scarab is behind all orders due to COVID.

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thank you. I talked to the dealer and that's the price I got but was told.itncoild take up to 3months to deliver because scarab is behind all orders due to COVID.
I am also working to get one for my 195 HO Impulse [WB tower], I spoke w the manufacturer this am and he said they have them for that model, waiting for my dealer to respond for ordering. Boatcovers.com told me 3mo. Wait due to custom build $516 strap to trailer. The Scarab OEM trailer cover price MSRP is $1,113 + tax through dealers only. I may go w Boatcovers.com. I'll post back once I get one w comment and pics.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am also working to get one for my 195 HO Impulse [WB tower], I spoke w the manufacturer this am and he said they have them for that model, waiting for my dealer to respond for ordering. Boatcovers.com told me 3mo. Wait due to custom build $516 strap to trailer. The Scarab OEM trailer cover price MSRP is $1,113 + tax through dealers only. I may go w Boatcovers.com. I'll post back once I get one w comment and pics.
Yeah, I looked at boatcovers too but I don't like the strap to the trailer. I have my boat on a hoist... Plus 3months is a long wait for me. My gelcoat is already fading really bad after two summers in Michigan... I like the scarab trailer cover where it's snug like a seadoo cover and straps down at the back. My dealer gave me a price of $945 plus $45 for freight charge. Thanks for letting me know that Scarab has the covers so hopefully it takes a week to ship. I'll probably order it this weekend tru my dealer.

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yeah, I looked at boatcovers too but I don't like the strap to the trailer. I have my boat on a hoist... Plus 3months is a long wait for me. My gelcoat is already fading really bad after two summers in Michigan... I like the scarab trailer cover where it's snug like a seadoo cover and straps down at the back. My dealer gave me a price of $945 plus $45 for freight charge. Thanks for letting me know that Scarab has the covers so hopefully it takes a week to ship. I'll probably order it this weekend tru my dealer.
I don't want to compete w you for the cover ( the one I want is for the 195 w/tower and uses velcro seals around tower), and I am pretty sure they have enough. Would you mind telling me your dealer? Their price may be $100 or more lower than mine.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't want to compete w you for the cover ( the one I want is for the 195 w/tower and uses velcro seals around tower), and I am pretty sure they have enough. Would you mind telling me your dealer? Their price may be $100 or more lower than mine.
My dealer is Spicer's Boat City in Michigan.

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Fluffy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
SCARAB take 3 months for anything even without COVID so really will be 6 months

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I ended up going with Boatcovers.com Scarab 196 HO Impulse Tower and the Silver Prism Fabric, which they said held up better than any of their other material for trailering. I called instead of Online order and they are doing a custom with the RATCHETING strap, making it great for mooring and trailering. Final Price $669 6 weeks or 1.5month wait. The $476 I save will allow me to get that new Liquid force State 2.0 board I've been wanting.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's cool. Would you need to strap it down on the sides too like in the picture? Or would the ratchet be enough for trailering?

Did they give you a special part# for your custom cover? Maybe I'll go that way too. That's a lot cheaper than OEM.

BarbaraAnn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
PRISM COVER No strapping to the trailer necessary with this cover. He gave me a custom order #. Since mine has the WB tower, there is a hook on Port side near tower and the one ratchet on starboard side. Again, no trailer to cover straps necessary for this cover. Plus a range of odors to choose from. You do have to call them as the ratchet strap is a special request. If you don't require SCARAB embroidered on the cover, this is probably a superior cover. Since it is VERY waterproof, one of the guys suggested a cover vent, which I plan to put in anyway with a tie line from it above the tower center, to tie off on the tower side post

Last edited:

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I wonder if they expedite and how much extra it is.

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
PRISM COVER No strapping to the trailer necessary with this cover. He gave me a custom order #. Since mine has the WB tower, there is a hook on Port side near tower and the one ratchet on starboard side. Again, no trailer to cover straps necessary for this cover. Plus a range of odors to choose from. You do have to call them as the ratchet strap is a special request. If you don't require SCARAB embroidered on the cover, this is probably a superior cover. Since it is VERY waterproof, one of the guys suggested a cover vent, which I plan to put in anyway with a tie line from it above the tower center, to tie off on the tower side post
Does the cover also cover the swim platform?

Amad3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Who did you talk to at boatcovers? I have a friend that has the 195 with Tower and told him how you were able to order yours. And when he talked to the people at boat covers, they told him that they can't do the custom ratchet because of the tower. And that you'd need to do the straps. Could you give us your custom order part# so my friend can reference it when he talks to boatcovers?