• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer guide effectivenes

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't get what else you're looking for. They're $100 so either buy them and put them on or just go without them like you've been doing lol. They're not going to make your renter not run into your trailer nor are they going to miraculously retrieve the boat by itself. They are there to keep the stern from swinging out, simple as that and nothing more. Are they necessary? No, but they do help so there is your answer.
Agreed, I think that is my plan, my last rant was to the previous poster who I felt didn’t read the OP I wasn’t asking for my self, I was asking for a possible renter who wouldn’t have practice time.

If I decide to do tow and go option I will be putting them in. Specifically at your recommendation! Haha. This is a next summer thought not for this summer anyway.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My last boat had them, they help.
For me they help because it is hard to see the empty trailer when backing up.
CONS: They can catch your fenders or dock lines as they pass by the posts....this was a ungoing problem I ran into all the time.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Use of guides also depends on your launch location conditions. I assume you are on Lewisville. Should be an easy load without the guides.

I did not need the guides until I moved to Florida. Did not take me long once here to determine it was a necessity. I used to launch on lakes with no current so hitting the bunks dead center when loading was easy and even with wind the boat centered itself. Now I launch on rivers that lead to the Gulf and with the tide current and winds it makes loading a challenge. As I approach the trailer I have to aim to the outside of the trailer to estimate I will be in the center when I hit the bunks. Kentucky windage. Doesn't always work as planned so my roller guides center the bow then I have to power the strern around into position. It is also a challenge when launching because the ass end (stern) start heading downstream when half way off the trailer. The guides hold the boat from wrecking into the fenders while I try to reverse as fast as I can to clear the dock and adjacent boat.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Easy that is if your hired help does have two years of experience and consideration to protect your property.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No brainer. Guides help. Not much downside. I remember one day retrieving the boat in strong winds. Everyone around me without guides were struggling but we did great because the posts helped us position and center on the trailer.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length